Anonymous

My account name always appers in a IM mesg when I send instead of the one in the chat room. How do I fix it?

on the IM box where the Font type, Font size, and Emoticons are there's a little drop box type that you can select your account name or profile name/s. Then select. Always check before sending an IM to someone if you don't want them to have your account ID.

First, don't worry about it, because only you see what is on your screen. The person you IM sees on his screen what he put in your contact details, and if he put in your name, that is what he will see.

If you don't want to see your name, click Messenger, My Account Details, and delete your name from the name fields and your Messenger ID will be displayed, but it won't alter what your friend sees.

To illustrate the point, right click on one of your friend's name or ID, and go to Contact Details. In the name fields put Jon Jones. The next time they IM you will see a message from Jon Jones.

It's supposed to do that, if it doesn't, nobody will know who is talking...