Is learning life nothing but a process of elimination?

Trial and error, so to speak.

Favorite Answer

For many people learning life is nothing more than trial and error. The sad thing is that it does not have to be that way.

If we all learned from each other what is successful and what fails, we can be much more successful ourselves. Learning from our mistakes helps us to grow, but learning from others' mistakes allows us to avoid the same pitfalls.

Take care,

Troy

In a manner of speaking, I suppose it is. Everything in life is a test or a trial of sorts. Scientists believe there is a physical reason for everything. People who believe in God or other gods believe everything leads back to their own personal belief.

As a Christian, I've come to the conclusion that the process of elimination will reveal that science and God are permanently entwined and go hand in hand; God created science so that we would search for Him.

We use the process of elimination all our lives to come to all conclusions, whether or not they're ultimately correct.

Sorry if I went off topic there...that's how my thought process works I guess. I'm not too good with examples.

Source(s):
  • mac

Learning life is about learning how much luck plays into our lives. Trial and error is a scientific approach, yet luck and the randomness of life is unexplainable and fails to give us any logical explanation for what is going to happen or what happened. That's what makes everything so interesting. The uncertainty of it all.

• Julian

trial and error is a more positive look at it then your first statement. It is only elimination if you consider that what you are eliminating is the error. Once you have clensed all of the errors you are left with only your true self and nothing else.

Eliminate nothing, it's all valid. Reframe each situation according to unified goals. Enter all moments open to change. Stay flexible and never stop growing/learning.

yes, especially if you are naive, however if you have some knowledge about it then you can avoid or have avoid certain problems. just like if you are walking down the road and spot that it can only go so far (spot= understanding) then you know not to go that way. versus you were not aware that the road ends and go forward anyway

• small

It is much more imaginative and creative than that because life is defined by inconsistencies...... nothing being permanent means nothing can be learned or unlearned for ever.

Life is a process. I would rather look at it as a process of accumulation...increase, adding, collecting, storing and developing.

I would agree and I have lots of learning still in me! We should all learn from our mistakes and try not to repeat them.

Yeah. And some people catch on quicker than others, without slow rides through drug use, misspent fortunes, dumb nuptial tricks, etc.

But actually, I think you do what you feel like doing, and hope it flies.