Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenMaintenance & Repairs · 1 decade ago

Water Is not filling into my icemaker on my Whirlpool Estate Refridgerator.It is on but nothing is happening.?

• Jen
    Favorite Answer

Sounds like the water hose became disconnected or faulty.

i'm not sure how old it is, but does it have a water filter? how long since you changed it last? most of them do have one and it could be clogged. get your model# and serial# and call a parts store or check whirlpool web site. also, did you check to see if the lever that stops the ice making process is down? i think it stops making ice when it is all the way up. or vice versa.

Source(s): used to be in appl. parts

I had this happen once. The inlet to the ice maker had frozen. I had to unplug the refrigerator and open the doors to let it thaw out and then plug it back in. Your freezer temperature setting may be too low.

your line may be kinked or frozen.(if it runs outside)... if its the first time you installed it, it takes a couple of minutes to go through the system... oh ya also on the ice maker make sure the lever is down... hoped this helped

Maybe it's plugged???

Have you tried reading the instruction booklet??