a asked in Social SciencePsychology · 1 decade ago

Remembering things?

I can randomly remember things, like my 14 digit library card number, by just visualizing the card…it’s really weird…I can remember scenes really vividly, to the point where I can recall the layout of even small details…is anyone else like this?

I remember pages from books, I remember some childhood events so clearly that it scares my parents…just a few days ago my mom was looking for a phone number…and I had seen it like for a second on a piece of paper and I could remember it!

Favorite Answer

no do you remember good will hunting i think he did the same thing but i cant recall the details?!

I can't say I am very good at remembering little details like numbers atc, but my long term memory is fantastic. I still remember things i used to do when i was a toddler, for instance, i remember being pushed around in a pram clearly and throwing my porridge over people before I could walk.... I think what you have is a photographic memory, take it into the camera shop and see if they can develope it :)

Yep, it was really handy in school, when I was writing exams if I was stuck on a question I would just close my eyes and picture the page that the information was on in my text book and reread the information. It was great, some of my teachers realized what I was doing, but they didn't mind, I wasn't doing anything wrong and they found it amazing.

Well, it just depends, cause some things like phone numbers are really easy to remember, but scenes w/ details is kinda hard to point out, because i can remember things but i dont remember details, but sometimes i have severe da-jah-voos

properly, it extremely is a trick a question. i will provide you an occasion. An previous pal got here to me on the mall, and that i suddenly remembered each and all the events I surely have performed with him and that i even remember all his nick call. yet.....I under no circumstances remembered his call. and that i constantly do this to all different pals. I under no circumstances been able to do not forget names. I dont even remember my very own cellular telephone remembr. yet I remember how I dial the variety nevertheless. Thats how i remember issues.

I wish my boyfriend has that problem. He can't remember ANYTHING and he is constantly arguing details, even when I can PROVE that I'm right, he'll still argue that he is right. I want to kill him. I'm thinking of detailing every single day of our relationship in a journal, and make him sign it every day, just so I can go back and say "you did too, you idiot!"

And it's not like I'm arguing because I have to be right. I'm arguing because I'm begining to wonder if I'm losing my mind.

yupp, and it really help...sometime i even help people to remember the things that they forgot but remembering things that happens 10 minutes ago is the easiest thing to forget, if u remember something else in not less than the 10 minutes, ur brain might have deleted the previous one.

Yeah i can remember stuff from along time ago that i didnt know it happened. It is really weriod sometimes.

omg I am the same way actually ..like i will see a liscense plate once and its engraved in my mind..and things for school..but when its like remembering my purse or something i left forget it

yer kinda but nt for all stuff for instance like i cn remember the shoppin i went to hw the ceiling was painted and lil stuff lwhich was nt rly important but i jus caught a glimpse of it n remember it in my mind clearly but i cnt remember wat i study tho weird eh?