cramping and sharp pains?

My husband and I are trying to conceive. My period isnt due to start till next week. I never get cramps until a few hours before I actually start my period. Last night and today i have what feels like menstrual cramps and when I stood up from my desk, I got a sharp pain on my left side in the front that went away just as fast as it came. I know every woman is different but just wondering if anyone has experienced this pain and if its normal to start cramping this early?

Favorite Answer

I am 5 weeks pregnant and that happened to me a couple of weeks ago. I read in " What to Expect When You Are Expecting" that in early pregnancy this happens when you get up really fast from a chair or a bed. It is perfectly normal. If you are pregnant try getting up slower. I also had mild cramps in the first couple weeks after conception. That is also very normal. Sounds like you may pregnant. I would take a test. Every thing you just described I had in my first couple weeks of pregnancy. Good luck to you.

Yes I have. I"m also a nurse. I would take ibprofen five days before you get your period. That way your cramps won't be so servere. Now you can use a heating pad or a hot water bottle. Also some tea or coffee. I would too take midol or ibprofen otc for your pain. This should make you comfortable. Take the medication as directed for a couple of days until you feel better. I hope this info is useful to you.

Sounds like gas my dear! It happen to the best of us lol.

Before I missed my period, I used to get cramps 3 days before and for the whole time I had my period. So when I started getting my cramps I started getting prepare. The only difference this time round was they didnt get worse like usual they were just there, being annoying. I never did get my period just some uncomfortableness, I did a 2 test and both were pos. I know every one is different. My first pregnancy I had no symptoms of being pregnant other than missing my period. My suggestion don't stress out, and don't jump to conclusions. Wait til you miss your next period.

You might have been ovulating. I get a pain like that every month on opposite sides. Not every woman can feel it though. I also get massive menstral cramps also so I just might be sensitive or just a wuss. :-)

pookie? lol I easily have that exact same undertaking & i'm 37 weeks pregnant. My rfile mentioned that it replaced into basically my uterus cramping or stretching. whilst your in a comfortable place & change up it regularly happens. no could desire to tension

I think you are fine but if the pain persist, try and see your doctor.