cramping and sharp pains?

My husband and I are trying to conceive. My period isnt due to start till next week. I never get cramps until a few hours before I actually start my period. Last night and today i have what feels like menstrual cramps and when I stood up from my desk, I got a sharp pain on my left side in the front that went away just as fast as it came. I know every woman is different but just wondering if anyone has experienced this pain and if its normal to start cramping this early?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I am 5 weeks pregnant and that happened to me a couple of weeks ago. I read in " What to Expect When You Are Expecting" that in early pregnancy this happens when you get up really fast from a chair or a bed. It is perfectly normal. If you are pregnant try getting up slower. I also had mild cramps in the first couple weeks after conception. That is also very normal. Sounds like you may pregnant. I would take a test. Every thing you just described I had in my first couple weeks of pregnancy. Good luck to you.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Yes I have. I"m also a nurse. I would take ibprofen five days before you get your period. That way your cramps won't be so servere. Now you can use a heating pad or a hot water bottle. Also some tea or coffee. I would too take midol or ibprofen otc for your pain. This should make you comfortable. Take the medication as directed for a couple of days until you feel better. I hope this info is useful to you.

• 1 decade ago

Sounds like gas my dear! It happen to the best of us lol.

Before I missed my period, I used to get cramps 3 days before and for the whole time I had my period. So when I started getting my cramps I started getting prepare. The only difference this time round was they didnt get worse like usual they were just there, being annoying. I never did get my period just some uncomfortableness, I did a 2 test and both were pos. I know every one is different. My first pregnancy I had no symptoms of being pregnant other than missing my period. My suggestion don't stress out, and don't jump to conclusions. Wait til you miss your next period.

• 1 decade ago

You might have been ovulating. I get a pain like that every month on opposite sides. Not every woman can feel it though. I also get massive menstral cramps also so I just might be sensitive or just a wuss. :-)

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 years ago

pookie? lol I easily have that exact same undertaking & i'm 37 weeks pregnant. My rfile mentioned that it replaced into basically my uterus cramping or stretching. whilst your in a comfortable place & change up it regularly happens. no could desire to tension

• 1 decade ago

I think you are fine but if the pain persist, try and see your doctor.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.