Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureMythology & Folklore · 1 decade ago

Is Santa Claus real or fake?

Is Santa a real person who brings toys to your house and knows when your awake and flies around the world in one night delivering presents in a sleigh drawn by 12 (how many?) reindeers?

Favorite Answer

Everything you did and didn't want to know about Santa:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Santa_Claus

As for those Reindeer (there were 8 originally)

The names of the original eight reindeer are taken from the 1823 poem A Visit from St. Nicholas[1], which led to the popularity of reindeer as Christmas symbols.[2] The poem reads in part:

With a little old driver so lively and quick,

I knew in a moment it must be St. Nick.

More rapid than eagles, his coursers they came,

And he whistled and shouted and called them by name:

Now Dasher! Now Dancer! Now, Prancer and Vixen!

On, Comet! On, Cupid! On, Donner and Blitzen!

To the top of the porch! To the top of the wall!

Now dash away! Dash away! Dash away all!

properly that's mentioned that a protracted time in the past Santa Claus replaced into easily authentic and that on Christmas night he could supply the little ones on the city a toy he could make himself. it relatively is the story now an afternoon mum and dad use the story and tell young ones that in the event that they are not reliable Santa won't convey them a latest so no Santa isn't authentic anymore

Santa in the modern connation is a figment of commercialism, but the Santa Claus that delivers presents and good will around the yule tide is in fact real. Many European cultures have a santa claus though he be known by a different name, but he has been around for centuries.

NO WAY!!! Santa is not real. I found out by when i saw a present under my parents bed(jump ropes). then on Christmas that same present said that is was from Santa!! YEA RIGHT!!

Plus at the mall, one day they have a fat Santa then they have a skinny Santa. Yea Right Again!!

santa claus is really just the spirit of Christmas and not actually a real person. Adults tell kids that santa is real because it makes it more magical for them. so let kids belive in him as long as they can. but if someone really wants to know, you should always tell the truth

Source(s): my opinion

If he is fake then this must be a worldwide conspiracy of epic proportions!!! Santa is everywhere, TV, radio, malls....his picture is on everything and there are hundreds of songs about him!

How could the world possibly pull off a hoax like that???

Of course he is real!

Very real. Santa Claus is the personification of the Christmas spirit & I believe that is still alive. However, if people don't quit turning Christmas into a commercial mega-monster, I wonder sometimes how long the spirit can survive and be replaced by greed.

Santa Claus was real, in 4th century Myra, which is in present-day Turkey. He is known as

Saint Nicholas, who had a reputation for secret-giving.

Source(s): wikipedia.org- Saint Nicholas

He is sooo real! I have asked my parents 10000 times! I even searched every place in every house!!!!!!People say he is not real such as older kids and adults.This is called a skeptical desease. This means as children become older what they see is only what they can beleive. Santa is as real as Christmas itself.There are 8 reindeer.My friend has seen him!I heard him on my roof last Christmas!Yes he is real! Click on the link and it will take you to a site and it then will take you to where a girl once sent a letter and recieved it back really srom Santa!Listen carfully to what it says!Some the most real things are the things you can't see.... :) Click on all three links , trust me!

http://www.noradsanta.org/en/ishereal.php

or copy them and paste them in the adress bar , but not all together , one at a time!

http://www.noradsanta.org/en/downloads/VIRGINIAS_L...

http://www.noradsanta.org/en/downloads/VIRGINIA_ED...

how old are you? santa claus does not exist. however, the person this modern myth is based on did exist, in legend. his name was nicolas and he later became a saint. he threw bags of gold down a chimney to provide a poor man with the doweries required to marry off his daughters.