Are there actually Colleges that teach massage therapy?

can you get a BS or PHD in that?

where are they?

5 Answers

  • Favorite Answer

    I think the classes are more at Cosmetology Schools. Not at a University.

  • 1 decade ago

    There are colleges that have it as an option, I'm not sure if a degree is possible, but a certificate definitely is. Where I live, there is a college which has this option (mostly health care related options offered...RN, health information management, etc.). Also, there are specifically massage therapy schools, I don't believe it's offered at a so-called beauty school as there is a bit more required learning for certification in massage therepy (for example, anatomy and physiology).

    Source(s): I have a cousin currently training to become a massage therapist.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

    yes there are but you also take alot of other college classes and i wouldn't know why you couldn't get a BS or a PHD. im not real sure where thou

  • Lydia
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

    yes, for certification. Otherwise you would take Physiotherapy.

  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.