Doogie
Doogie asked in HealthMen's Health · 1 decade ago

Electric shavers???

For the money, which is the best electric shavers for men out there. My friend wants one for Christmas and I thought I'd get one and surprise him, but really know nothing about them. Thanks in advance!

Favorite Answer

Vidal Sasson is a great brand.. really, they are all good.

Bah Humbug!

That wasn't in response to Christmas or to you wanting to buy your buddy a nice gift. It was aimed directly at the question of electric razors. When compared to a good blade and some shave gel or cream, electrtics fall short of the mark for closeness of shave and low skin irritation. Find a really nice twin or triple bladed razor, some really cool shave gel (gotta love the mint/menthol types) and a natural -ingredient after shave and he will be a happy man or at least he will have a happy face (or whereever else he chooses to shave - hehe).

I've used and tossed out any number of electric razors over the years. Sure they are quick and convenient and it is pretty well impossible to cut yoruself with one but they all leave stubble and more often than not leave a nice case of razor burn. Yes, I know lots of guys swear by their electrics but all the guys I hang out with won't touch them.

I recently purchased braun & panasonic shaver with trimmers. Panasonic is much good due to its shape. I feel easy using Panasonic. I saw another new model of braun shaver which is also nice. You can buy it around $50 to $60. Tell your friend, he should not use frequently. For daily shave, one should use trimmer which gradually makes your shave good.

Although I use a str8 razor on occasion as well, I prefer Braun and have used them for quite awhile

Your friend is making a big mistake asking for that. They are all horrible compared to a razor or straight-edge. I got one and now it sits underneath my sink collecting dust

I would get a braun self cleaner