Can a manager and building owner come in a apartment without adult supervision?

Our apartment was chosen for inspection, but before the manager and building owner came, my mother had to go change where the car was parked because of the street cleaner. She did not expect they would come because they did not specify a time. She left my 16 year old brother there so the house was not alone, so he greeted them and they told him because of a "rule" Ive never heard about, he had to step outside because he was a minor. They both went in without anyone else in the house and I just thought this was suspicious. Can they ask a minor to step outside the house? Can they go in our home without an adult or any permision of an adult?

Favorite Answer

The building manager and owner can go into your apartment without anyone else there, All they have to do is give notice that they will be doing an inspection, if you do not provide someone to be there that is your issue not thiers.

Also for emergany maintance they can go in anytime they need to.

The minor issue is not a law, but most likely a company policy or rule. With all the "abuse" of children issues, most adults will not be in a home alone with a minor child any longer

I'm with you, I don't know but it sounds a bit odd. Have a talk with someone in a government agency that oversees renters. I don't know where you are but around here, it would be a city office, I think they call it "The Housing Authority".

Good luck, and do check it out. It will make you feel better if nothing else...

it extremely is weird and wonderful. depending on which state you reside in, they are able to flow into the homestead with or without observe (maximum states provide forty 8 hour observe). yet they shouldn't ask everyone to leave their very own residence and your brother did not could leave. in the event that they have been stressful approximately being in a house on my own with a minor, they could have waited to your mom to return (enormously if she became in basic terms long gone for a minute)

Ask them to supply the rule "in writing" and see if it's indeed in the contract you signed when you moved in. If they don't, contact an attorney specialized in housing laws.