Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceCareers & Employment · 1 decade ago

Employment question?

I started working at a fitness club @ 3 weeks ago & I really don't feel comfortable there because the trainers there have issues w/ eachother & they stab eachother in the back for clients, the owner is shady & craziness like that- anyway, I'm 90% sure I don't want to be there but for the last 3 weeks I've been "on the books" for training & about half the time I was ambitiously promoting the club so, is it right to take all of my pay if I leave? Should I only accept half for promoting since I probably won't even be there to do the job they've been training me for?

Favorite Answer

As the song goes, "take the money and run." Not everyone is fit for every job and not every workplace is going to be a comfortable environment for every worker. I assure you it will neither be the first nor the last time that someone bails on them after only a few weeks, especially if the workplace is as you describe.

I started lookking around and almost all the home business were scams or surveys that didn't really promise that much , but I finally found a home business where I am the boss and I can stay with my kids earning 500-5000 plus a month its up to me and I don't need hundreds of dollars to start just 1.00 to start so if your interested in owning your own business and working from home then contact me via e-mail or visit 1 of my websites.

Source(s): www.lmiranda.fourpointconsultants.com

You are conscientitious; admire that. Wish I can find people like you to hire. Take your salary in full. If for some reason, you still do not feel good about it, donate whatever you feel to a charity of your choice. You are not obligated to give back your salary just because you did not like your job. Your employer should know it is part of the game. However, you should do it as soon as you can and not prolong this. Good luck with your next venture.

Time is a fast moving road. You need to find the vehicle that fulfills your life goals. If you are working around people you can't trust, don't feel right supporting, etc. You need to get away. Do it in the most honest and respectable way possible. Only you will have to answer to your conscience when you look at your choices.

Good luck.

Take all of your pay. Even if you are not there someone else will be. It is theft of labor for them not to pay you for any work that you put in. You worked for for them to bring business and growth. Take your pay for that. No one should work for free.

You deserve and must be given your full pay for the time that hours that you were working.