Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkOther - Food & Drink · 1 decade ago

what is the cheapest food?

im trying to write a book about how to prepare a cheap food.and iwish to know what is the ceapest food in different culture.

Favorite Answer

Egg dishes - Cheap and Healthy and lets you use everything in the fridge.

Fritatta - Want to have some friends over for a Sunday brunch after a great night of partying. This omelet recipe is hearty, filling and delicious and quite easy to make. You can really fill it with whatever ingredients you fancy. Here is a great combination. Tomato, onion, avocado, green onions and cheddar

4 eggs minimum

I tomato ) (diced)

½ to 1 whole avocado

¼ cup of diced white or Spanish onion

1 bunch of green onions cut into small pieces

Grated cheddar ( ¼ cup)

Salt and pepper

At my local Wal-Mart Supercenter, I can get a box of 12 packages of Chicken or Beef ramen noodles for $1.44 I believe it is. And packages of 6 Shrimp or Oriental flavor are $0.88 cents each. I'm not sure why they don't come in the 12-packs yet. And the Pork flavors are only available individually as of yet and they are either $0.16 or $0.18 cents each, I don't remember which.

Anyway, let's just say I got a total of 12 of each flavor individually and not in any of the superpacks. Now 12 packs of 5 flavors for a total of 60 packs at $0.18 cents each is $10.80 (before tax). And I usually eat 2 per meal since one just doesn't seem to fill me up. And at 3 meals a day, a total of 6 packages or a total of $1.08. Now if I buy the superpacks which ends up being a bit cheaper, I can eat for usually under a dollar a day.

I put way too much thought into this. =\

Pasta, or Rice is the cheapest food item to cook, cause you can do so many things with these 2 things, add many accoutrements, Items to make different dishes. From Vegetarian/Vegan dishes to Main Starch item for a meal, to a full fledged meal, add meat and vegetables and you have a one-pot meal. Or if you like add seasoning and it makes for a nice filling entree all by itself.

Many cultures eat these items just for those reasons, plus many more no doubt.

Source(s): Chef,SUNY, NY

I would say Mexican food .. They can fix a feast out of Beans and Rice , they are cheap but so good,, Just think about all their dishes what they are made of and nothing is costly .. Even the Chicken Fajitas are cheap , and delicious

Don't forget plain ol' ordinary ground hamburger meat.

That's why it seems expensive to eat healthy. A pound of hamburger and a box of Hamburger Helper is a whole lot cheaper than the same pound of boneless, skinless chicken with some nice steamed asparagus on the side!

Polenta, basically just cook cornmeal in water til it thickens. Cornmeal is really cheap and you can buy it in bulk. Because its bland, you might want to add toppings, can of tomatoes and some cheese works well.

• DJ

Ramen noodles.

a packet of Ramen noodles is like 20 cents.

RAMEN !!!!! get like 20 bricks for $1

• chicken pot pie by banquet. about 33 cents.