Can anyone solve this devilish brain teaser?

I posed this question to my 6th, 7th, 8th grade gifted students. To make things interesting there is no solution posted anywhere. I have my solution in hand after hours of confusion and need to check it. First fully explained correct solution gets my vote! Can you solve it?

Teaser posted at: http://amby.com/go_ghoti/princess.html

Good Luck!

Shortened Version Of The Teaser

The next day he had Kecho placed in a room with nine doors. Each door led to a single room. One of the rooms contained the princess while the rest of the rooms were either empty or contained a tiger. Above each door was a sign.

Here's a list of the signs:

oRoom I: The lady is an odd-numbered room.

Room II: This room is empty.

Room III: Either sign on Room V is right or sign on Room VII is wrong.

Room IV: Sign on Room I is wrong.

Room V: Either sign on Room II or sign on Room IV is right.

Room VI: Sign on Room III is wrong.

Room VII: The lady is not in Room I.

Room VIII: This room has a tiger and Room IX is empty.

Room IX: This room has a tiger and sign on Room VI is wrong.

The king told Kecho, "The sign on the door of the room containing the princess is true; the signs on the doors of all the rooms containing the tigers are false; while those on the empty rooms can be either true or false."

Favorite Answer

Room VII

2

4

I would choose room 6. I think they all point to room 6. I believe that room 1 is wrong as according to rooms 4, 5, and 7. 2 is empty. only 9 raises an oposition to it being room 6. But 9 is a lie becasue it has a tiger in it. also I could kick a tigers butt. .

room 1

room 2

room 3

room 3!

Room I did math on note book process of elimination

#1The guy wasn't found out to dedicate suicide because of the fact no one even knew approximately coz he ddin't even injury himself. they might have concept he became in simple terms doing a stunt or sleep strolling. #2 while the tide gets low, a land is formed between the island and the different so because it extremely is the place tha truck passes. #3 The prepare dinner? in view which you do not probably could watch over your cooking on the leght of its course. whilst he wa simmering the pumpkin or boiling a celery, he would have sneaked and killed the guy. Or the maid? No letters on Sunday. properly... LOL! I did my suitable... wager.