Does anyone can tell me where to buy the axel assembly for a 2001 Volvo S 40 Manual transmision?

I am looking for that part in diferent places on the web but they just have for an Automatic transmision and I need for manual.Please if anyone knows tell where,please.

thanks

• ?
    Favorite Answer

You could try an auto recycler. They have access to other recylcers through their on-line network. Try ebay or volvoworld.com

Your best bet if you don't want to buy from Volvo direct is to contact a good salvage yard and ask them to search their network for you. All of the larger yards are linked and can search for hard to find parts and they ship quite reasonably in most cases. Just a tip though, have the cost of the part from the dealer before you call. If they quote you a price anywhere near that price don't be afraid to bargain them down, remember you are buying a used part from them (although some have access to new or rebuilt and will advise you of such).

I owned the comparable 365 days and type of your automobile. In 2004, I had to have the CV joints replaced. it may make the noise over bumps and when I made turns. It became a real soreness, because of the fact the dealership accidentally replaced the incorrect element. and that i had to take the automobile back, they concept i became loopy. finally the mechanic have been given interior the automobile, went over a velocity bump and heard the noise. So I have been given the two factors replaced, their mistake. sturdy success, I in no way had any problems with them returned.

If your in the states even the dealer wont have it in stock that is because all the S40s that came over here were automatic. Try Mexico for some reason they got the T4 and they also got standard transmissions

Source(s): Was a tech @ volvo

AIM A VOLVO MAN ABED I BET ALL MY STUFF IN SWEDEN ON LINE EDYTHE GE ST CAR IN HE WORLD IF YOU HAVE PROBLEMS JUST ASK SUNDTIGEN@MIKKELSEN.MAIL.DK