Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 decade ago

is it posible to have a long distance relationship?

and to love someone whom you have never met?

Favorite Answer

Yes and Yes. My husband and I met online about 7 years ago and fell in love before we ever met. It took us 2 years to get the finances to meet each other, shortly afterward he moved here to be with me. The only obvious hard part is you can't have sex with them! If you can get over that, just keep the communication open and honest while you are apart and things should be fine.

We've been married 5 years now and couldn't be happier :)

I agree with Tom,

I lived 12 hrs away, and saw each other monthly for a few days. But before i had to move away we were together for a few months so we had a good base & Foundation.

If you have no base nor know what they really really look like, then your gonna have issues. We humans need alot more than "28 points" of compatibility. You just can't get the full picture from emials/letters/chats/phone calls. You have to have real everyday typical interactions. Some folks can be nice on the phone, but really weird at the grocery store. Or at a resturants, Maybe they slurp all of their food. Or doesn't believe in using a toliet seat EVER. Or drives like a formula one driver thru neighborhoods, Or has the worst breath ever. Or smells bad, etc...

Just some possible things to think about

Source(s): we are married now!

Personally, i don't believe such things are possible... I tried...not only once...but a a long distance relationship is hard to maintain...actually I found it impossible...I was once with a guy from the same country, but who lived in another city...our relation survived only for 2 month... we never met in this time, we would only talk on the Internet...I kind of suffered when it ended. Real relationships are much greater.

Possible but difficult to have a long-distance relationship. Impossible to love someone you have never met as you don't really know the person, only what they choose to show you.

To your first question - yes. I have a girlfriend who lives 5 hours away. We meet up around once every 3 weeks on average, for a few days. We've been together 13 months now.

To your second question - no. You can't really love someone until you know them, and you can't know someone until you've spent time with them.

it is possible but depending on the distance incredibly hard. up to 4 hours you could visit each other on the weekends. But further than that you need to have a strong foundation or the fact that you cannot touch them will drive you insane.

yes its possible...i have a girlfriend that ive never seen before and we email each other and talk on the phone all the time ...we live over 1,300 miles apart, im in Oklahoma and shes in Florida...its one of my best relationships ever...it sucks not being able to kiss and hold her but its the love in your heart that counts...we have been dating for almost 3 months now...its great

yes, my husband and i met on line, talked ,fell in love knew each other on line for 2 years,he came to america and we have been married happy for 1 year now

Yes i think it is,its happened 2 me b4 and if it feels right i say go 4 it

Good luck

it wnt b easy tho

for both of the question........is impossible. I try it been there. End up with a broken heart. U can have a try don't blame us later.