How do I load ".iso" file i windows without burnign it to disk or adding another program?

I'm trying to load a program that's stored as a .iso file, but I don't want to have to install a second program just to be able to load it without having to waste a disk. is there a way?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

the best thing that ive found is using WinRAR for your zipping utility. that will allow you to open an iso file without burning a disk first.

• 1 decade ago

Alcohol is a nice option, indeed. However, I found Deamon Tool is much easier to set up and use. With nice third-party add-on like YASU, Deamon is a much more wiser choice. One thing to notice though, if u wanna open .iso file of the PSP game, I suggest u use UMDGenerator cause using normal softs make the .iso file corrupted.

• 1 decade ago

what you need is a virtual image loading software. The best one is called alcohol 120%. This would allow you to load your iso onto your drive without burning it to disk.

** caution ** using this software and others like it tend to slow down the computer.

• 1 decade ago

as written earlier

ISO is an IMAGE file...

it can be instatlled or used even using NERO

but you need to create a virtual drive... Nero Premium and Alchol do it

with Alchol u need to create a virtual drive once that is done then go to search the image files and once its added on ur search then mount it on the virtual drive using right clicking on the iso file

its pretty easy.... try either

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

google ISO Magic

Source(s): google.com
  • 4 years ago

I trust the 1st couple of solutions. Do you spot the little Excel icon on the report icon photograph? in case you do no longer, it particularly is in all possibility a textual content cloth report or another style of report that abode windows explorer won't promptly associat Excel with by using fact the report would additionally in all possibility be pulled up in different courses consisting of word or some textual content cloth viewer application, etc. based on the report style, you won't opt to associate Excel by using fact the default application to open that report. certainly abode windows Explorer would not understand what application to deliver the report to. it particularly is why the 1st answerers mentioned you could desire to suitable click the report and choose Excel to open the report in case you will do it from abode windows Explorer. the explanation why Excel opens it from Excel is using the fact because abode windows is properly-known with you try to open it from Excel it is going to try beginning it in Excel. If it may open the report, it is going to. If it won't be able to it is going to instruct some message saying that Excel won't be able to open the report. in case you like abode windows Explorer to understand to promptly open the report in Excel, the superb way is to the two keep the report as an Excel format or to furnish the filename a .xls extension. There ought to be the gentle threat that your abode windows registry for Excel is tousled. yet you opt to be greater advantageous great careful in case you mess with the abode windows registry and you need to constantly create a lower back up of the registry previously doing so. The registry is like the heart and soul of your laptop. You mess the registry up and your laptop purely approximately dies.

• 6 years ago

Sorry--dont know--really i need to load it into linux-ubuntu--guess i should have been more specific about my operating system

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.