I am trying to find something different to make for Christmas. A side dish and dessert, and maybe some treats.

I need a side dish, a dessert and some treats. Yummy but yet easy to do!

Something besides the traditional side items. Also looking for a real authenic italian cannoli receipe.

Favorite Answer

OKay, this is the BEST SIDE you ever had..

Mash some boiled potatos, put them in a satay pan. Cut up squash into thin sticks, Fry bacon, chop into small peices, and pitch it into the mix.

Add some bacon drippings too. And heaton stove unil a yellowish color, and warm

• GEEGEE

well, the side dishes depend on what your main course is, but..... rice pilaf is nice and goes with all kinds of meats- there's even a frozen version that's good put out by Birds-Eye. Any veggie in cheese sause is yummy, but especially brocolli and cauliflower. You can steam some carrots and sprinkle them with cinnamon.

Desserts are easy- rice pudding is yummy, and you can often get it ready made at the grocery store. Egg nog is very festive, with some basic cookies (I like oatmeal raisin).

One bunch of asparagas

Package of flour tortillas

Parboil asparagas

Chill in cold water

Wrap 2-3 asparagas in the tortillas

Prepare large skillet with cooking oil

Deep fry the asparagas until golden brown

This is my family's favorite Christmas cookie. Children love them.

Greek Cookies

1lb. butter (beaten).

½teaspoon salt.

1cup powdered sugar.

1egg (beat good).

½cup orange juice.

¼cup baking soda.

Mix juice and soda together first.

2teaspoon vanilla.

Flour

Mix with hands till like pie dough.

Bake at 325* for 15 min. or until done. Roll in powdered sugar while hot. Twice.

Rice Krispy treats are so easy to do and people absolutely love them! I cut them into bitesized pieces so it's easier for people to eat. Sometimes I also add nuts or raisins, etc. They go pretty fast.

Different from what? I am afraid it is hard to tell when one does not know what you are used to making.