I am trying to find something different to make for Christmas. A side dish and dessert, and maybe some treats.

I need a side dish, a dessert and some treats. Yummy but yet easy to do!

Update:

Something besides the traditional side items. Also looking for a real authenic italian cannoli receipe.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

OKay, this is the BEST SIDE you ever had..

Mash some boiled potatos, put them in a satay pan. Cut up squash into thin sticks, Fry bacon, chop into small peices, and pitch it into the mix.

Add some bacon drippings too. And heaton stove unil a yellowish color, and warm

• GEEGEE
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

well, the side dishes depend on what your main course is, but..... rice pilaf is nice and goes with all kinds of meats- there's even a frozen version that's good put out by Birds-Eye. Any veggie in cheese sause is yummy, but especially brocolli and cauliflower. You can steam some carrots and sprinkle them with cinnamon.

Desserts are easy- rice pudding is yummy, and you can often get it ready made at the grocery store. Egg nog is very festive, with some basic cookies (I like oatmeal raisin).

• 1 decade ago

One bunch of asparagas

Package of flour tortillas

Parboil asparagas

Chill in cold water

Wrap 2-3 asparagas in the tortillas

Prepare large skillet with cooking oil

Deep fry the asparagas until golden brown

• 1 decade ago

This is my family's favorite Christmas cookie. Children love them.

Greek Cookies

1lb. butter (beaten).

½teaspoon salt.

1cup powdered sugar.

1egg (beat good).

½cup orange juice.

¼cup baking soda.

Mix juice and soda together first.

2teaspoon vanilla.

Flour

Mix with hands till like pie dough.

Bake at 325* for 15 min. or until done. Roll in powdered sugar while hot. Twice.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Rice Krispy treats are so easy to do and people absolutely love them! I cut them into bitesized pieces so it's easier for people to eat. Sometimes I also add nuts or raisins, etc. They go pretty fast.

• 1 decade ago

Different from what? I am afraid it is hard to tell when one does not know what you are used to making.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.