I really need help with this complication!?

Today is the last day of school and over the break me and my cousin, her bf and i are going to go to the movies...im going to ask this guy to go with us but my mom cant find out about this little trip...her dad knows that we are going but i dont want my mom to know coz im 15 and she would flip out if i didnt tell her about this...the reason i dont tell her is because shes always treating me like im not old or responsible enough!...But i really am...What should i do about sneaking out like that even though i wont be sneaking out of my house because ill be spending the night with my cousin?

Favorite Answer

Sneaking and lying does not equal responsible. Responsible people don't do those types of things. Have patience your time will come. Don't let a little mistake become a life long scar. To often as teens we do things that can put our lives in jeopardy. Not saying that your friends are going to do something to you but when you do things that you are not suppose to do you run the risk of opening doors for things to happen to you that would not have otherwise occurred. So just be up front and honest about the situation....hopefully your parents will be willing to compromise. If they say no ask what can be done that would make it possible to go to this movie. Now that is responsible.

Source(s): Life

Sneaking and lying to your parents is never a good idea. It is this kind of behavior that makes them think you aren't responsible. They would flip out not because they don't want you to have fun but because they don't want you to be in any sort of danger. If they don't know where you are or who you are with, they can't help you if you need it.

Show your mom that you are responsible. Go to her, reasonably and without accusing her of denying you fun, and explain to her that your cousin has asked you and your friend to go to a movie and that you would be in a group in a public place. If she still objects, ask her to explain to you why she doesn't want you to go and what criteria you would need to fulfill for her to permit the movie. Maybe if your uncle were to be the driver to and from the movie or if you were to invite more people to go with you, she would be willing to allow it. Parents aren't usually trying to be mean, they are trying to protect you and to teach you. 15 is still very young and you still have a lot to learn about the darker aspects of that great big world out there.

It seems that you are in a catch 22. I would look at it like this, if you go out you will get caught and have to spend the rest of break grounded. If you don't go then you will miss out on a fun time. I would say is this guy worth it to you. If he was to wait a few days and you could go on a date without having to risk anything then push for that. but taking a chance is always fun, but if you know in the back of your mind that your parents are waiting for you when you get home, then that will bring down the mood of the date. So I would say wait and not sneak out just yet. Wait till you are off of break to do that. Because if I had the choice I wouldn't waste my break for a few hours of hindered fun.

The reason your Mom isn't treating you like you are responsible is because of behavior such as this. You should ask your Mom and let her know how responsible you can be. If you sneak out and she finds out about it, she is not going to trust you.

I dont recommend sneaking out or lying to your parents. It's the fastest way to lose the trust of your parents. Trust is a privalge not a right. It has to be earned. Dont start a pattern for yourself.

I think you should tell your mom about this.and try to explain that its your last day and you want to spend some time with some of your friends.try to convince her in a lightly manner.Tell her that there will be all girls so their wont be any problem.

i did this lot of time and it worked for me.if you don't tell your mom and if she finds out than you could be in a problem honey.so its better to tell her,but not the whole truth.

You had better think twice....about doing this..

You are not sneaking out of your house ,but you are sneaking.

If caught you may not get to spend the night away again....think it over..

well sneaking out just proves to your mom that your not responsible enough to be trusted.....and lying backs that up too...

I don't recommend you to lie to your parents, telling the truth will make you feel glad. But anyway, Is it a complication?

i think u should go for it i mean the guy i like is 18 and my parents don't like it and he's mom doesn't either lol his dad likes it cuz he is trying to get us hooked up... lol just do it and if u get caught then w/e u tried... well i g2g answer someo of mine lol buh-bye

-Bethany