I'm out of school...now what is legal?

I'm 20 years old and I have been out of HS for almost 3 yrs now. I had a teacher back then who I admired very much, and still do to this day. Well, I haven't forgotten about him, and I'm going with my fiance and a friend to visit him later this week. In the past I've thought how great it would be if we could go and get coffee together (the teacher, my fiance, and I) and talk. I know I'm no longer his student, but I wouldn't want him to get in trouble for seeing me out of school, you know? I guess basically my question is...I really want to get to know this guy better. What are some things I could do that wouldn't hurt him as far as his career goes? Also, he has a wife and 2 kids who are very special to him. I don't want to feel like I'm getting in the way of that either.

Well, since I'm going to visit him, can anyone give me some advice on what is ok and what isn't? and is there anything we could do besides coffee? It would be greatly appreciated. Thankyou.

3 Answers

  • dmb
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    There's nothing particularly inappropriate for an adult to socialize with someone who was formerly their teacher. Treat him like any other frtiend. If there's any issue, it would be how your boyfriend fits into the situation.

  • 1 decade ago

    why worry so much? I assume that you want to see him because you want to talk to him about things that is importatn to you, like marriage, and that means you care for ur teacher. as a teacher, he will only feel happy for it, because how many students will remeber him when out of his class... not alot...lastly, just don't mention something that can hurt the relationship, such as borrowing money for the wedding.. lmao

  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

    Don't mention anything negative about him that you see!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.