Christmas-- who else is going to be alone this holiday?

I hate the holidays for this reason.... I am a single parent with two children.. who else finds holidays hard?

I am thankful for my Children, Not big on family.. guess i am not the only one....

Favorite Answer

Be grateful to God for what you have. There are so many people in the world who have far less than you.

do you have a roof over your head, food in a refrigerator, children who are usually healthy? You have more than what 80% of the world's population has.

As far as being alone, you can change that. you can extend yourself to others. It sounds corny but the greatest times of happiness come when you give to others. volunteer your time at a soup kitchen, at a school function, etc.

god bless!!

• Conway

I'm sure your children would love to spend time with you. What then is Christmas if not family.You have two children and you think you will be spending the holiday alone. something is wrong with this picture. Give the gift of yourself. and introduce them to the Christ child.

• amazon

Well, to your first question, I will be alone for the holidays because my we already celebrated Christmas the 15, and my parents will be going down to their house on the Island and will miss my birthday again.

i hate these kind of things you have to spend money on birthdays and xmas and easter why in the world is there things like this. i understand bdays but every thing else i see no point. i will be alone just like last year instead of having fun.

You've got two kids - you won't be alone.

I'll have plans for Christmas, but will be absolutely alone for three days over New Year's. It's depressing.

Single mom of four here. It's hard. I just concentrate on the spirituality, pray and hope that my kids won't concentrate on the consumerism.

If you live near me your invited to come spend it with my family, we have plenty, email me eg_ansel@yahoo.com

anytime.

I will be alone at home, but I have the Lord as a guest everyday, so it is not really alone. You can have that assurance also if you choose too.

• kja63

You aren't alone -- you have two children! Count your blessings and be thankful for all that you have.

• i am spending christmas with my family and i dread it. i feel out of place because they are against my religion and the fact that i'm bi