Business statistic question. When do we use Binomial and the other "continous probabilties" formula?

Business statistic question. When do we use Binomial and the other "continous probabilties" formula?

Binomial= nCx (π)sqr X (1-π) sqr <(n-x)>

continous probabilities formula= p(x> X bar -μ / sd)

from wat i know, if the question given n π x we will use either d 1st formula or d 2nd 1.

so how to differentiate when to use either 1 formula?

Is it, if (nπ) > 5 and n(1-π) > 5 then we use d continous probabilties formula??

2 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

In fact, the conitnuous probability function is less accurate than the binomial equation.

However, when there is a large number of outcomes to be calculated at the same time, it becomes impractical to use the binomial function which becomes a very long calculation indeed.

It is hence better to use the continuous prob function which approximates the exact binomial.

The (nπ) > 5 and n(1-π) > 5 are here only a check for us to know that we can use the continuous prob function instead of another function which is the Poisson.

• 4 years ago

Wow are you severe its completely any incorrect way round n i breastfed till my son develop into 4 months because of his worsening reflux and that i dont criticize no individual for formula feeding or breastfeeding, i propose i dont even imagine about it it doesn't flow my ideas. also if a baby has reflux the point for particular formula is that its thickened, so why contained in the international may you propose blending with breastmilk if ok at the same time as all it is doing is watering it down, and making the formula a lot less effective it desires toe the precise thickness of the formula to do what its meant for. to help with spitting up n choking. no matter if you may blend i propose what like an oz. cuz any more beneficial may make the formula no longer as thick. So heavily get a clue an supply up starting off a rant!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.