computer won't power up?

hp computer(6 or 7 yrs old)

i went on vacation for a week, so i disconected computer, when i got back plugged computer but it didnt power up. outlet has power since my monitor light is on.

clue: when i connect it to power outlet the green light comes on for a second then goes off. it should be on all the time, power fan doesn't turn on either. i think is the power supply what do you think?

Favorite Answer

Try the following steps and I gurantee you that the problem will be solved.

1) open you computers cabinet,

2) remove all the power cords from the devices it has been attached to, (i.e, hard disk, cd\dvd drive , floppy drive etc)

3) remove the ram Module from its socket carefully.

4) carefully blow of all the dust from the motherboard using a bower or u can use you vaccum cleaner with blower on mode.

5) power on your system on the same state, and the switch it of again within 5 secounds

6) again re-insert the ram module in its slot.

7) power on your system again, this time you will be able to see the display on your computer, once you see the display switch off your computer again and plug in the power codes to all the devices from which you had unplugged.

you system will be ready o work again. if you fine any problem during the process you are free to get in touch with me on my email id : chetankaria@rediffmail.com

Sounds Like The Power Supply to me too.

For a operating laptop or computer potential elements have market criteria, the most uncomplicated one is ATX for the classic computer potential grant, even in spite of the undeniable fact that there is FlexATX MicroATX and more beneficial really you merely favor the style style no longer huge style, yet another area of evaluate is the connectors you employ, more beneficial not undemanding drives and equipment will require a more beneficial characteristic rich potential grant. For a operating laptop or computer the potential grant could adventure the voltage and characteristic the same connector style because the unique. desire this helps, provide more beneficial practise and also you'll get a more beneficial particular answer

Chetan Karia's suggestions DO work - often does the trick for me, though officially "frowned upon"!

Can I just emphasis,though, that you MUST make sure the mains power is off when you delve inside your machine for your own safety, and also discharge yourself of static by grabbing hold of a mains water pipe or something else that's earthed before you handle your RAM chips.

Good luck!

Power Supply

I did this to my computer LOL!!!

Just buy a new one!

• Kain

100% sure, it's the power supply-

Replace your power supply and your set-

Source(s): 10 years of working on computers-