GBINJT asked in Entertainment & MusicMusic · 1 decade ago

I have rewritten some traditional christmas songs. very marketable! How do I find out about copywrite issues

looking for someone with music copy-write knowledge. Also, with some working knowledge in regards to recording music. These songs are very marketable. Willing to share in any proceeds that the songs will generate.

Favorite Answer

In regards to the first answer-this is generally referred to as "poor man's copyright". The only exception is they MUST cross state lines-this is very important!! Second,you really don't need an attorney to submit your songs for copyright..The best advice I can give is to go to the ASCAP, BMI or SESAC website-you will find all the info you need there..It's relatively inexspensive to copyright your material.

Good Luck

Hire an attorney. But even before that take a copy of the songs, put them in an envelope, seal it up and send them to yourself via registered mail. Then when it comes to you, sign for it but DO NOT open the package. This will be a testament that you created these songs, the date you sent them and a sealed package proving you own them. If it ever comes up in court - you have sealed proof that these are in fact your songs.

As a sprint youngster I consistently enjoyed the allegro instrumental version of Tubular Bells. It replaced into gnarly, Dude! Get it ...tubular, gnarly ... valley lady communicate from the eighty's... oh forget approximately it . shifting on. even with the undeniable fact that, luckily my flavor has replaced and my present day favourite is the jazz version of O Tannenbaum/Oh Christmas Tree which replaced into spectacularly transformed by utilising The Vince Guaraldi Trio for A Charlie Brown Christmas. Worst ever for me is an intensive to tie: Suzy Snowflake, it relatively is terrible whilst sang by utilising expert singers which incorporate Rosemary Clooney, yet is extremely atrocious whilst sung by utilising little ones to be cutesy. This music is so undesirable only The Little Drummer Boy sang by utilising Johnny Mathis & a gaggle of youngsters beats it, which, you guessed it, is next selection. yet no quantity of professionalism or cutesy young ones can save this music. that's why Mathis replaced into given little ones to paintings with, they have been hoping a sprint of each and every could take the curse off this music, they have been regrettably wrong. the only worse version of this music replaced right into a recording I had as newborn sung by utilising some lady with a thick accessory you may desire to cut back with a knife and the transport of a funeral dirge. She style of regarded like an older Marlene Dietrich so possibly somebody theory it replaced into attractive, if so, I pity the undesirable individual. because of the fact to me it quite is the worst X-mas carol ever!