Anne2
Anne2 asked in PetsCats · 1 decade ago

What can we do for a kitten in heat? My son's siamese is only 7 months old and she in in season.?

He wants to breed her when she is older. Is there anything that the vet can give her, to calm her down, or would that be mean? She is an indoor kitty with two other spaded cats so there is no danger of her becoming pregnant, but he thinks she in in much stress over this. Has anyone had a situation like this with a kitten?

Favorite Answer

cats are induced ovulators. that means that as long as a male cat around does the right moves or "turns her on" she will go into heat. I would be wary, if your other cats are fixed, make sure there's no neighborhood tomcats hanging around. She will be agitated and anxious during this time, but drugs aren't really the answer. I would consider getting her spayed, it sounds like there is someone in the environment that does it for her, and she will continue to go into heat.

**ps...just so you know, females get spayed. A spay is an ovariohysterectomy. Male cats get castrated, or more socially acceptable, neutered.

Source(s): i'm a vet tech

I have a 6-month-old Siamese kitten named Ling Ling. She also lives indoors with one neutered male and a spayed female cat.

There was no danger of her becoming pregnant , either, when she was in season. I called our vet because Ling Ling seemed to be suffering and he told me that cats did not tolerate pain medicine very well and so there was nothing he could prescribe.

Apparently, all you can do is to be there for them and stroke them and love them until this passes and it will.

God Bless You and Your Kitten !

Yes, she is in some stress, but it's the same natural stress that every other cat in the world in heat deals with. His cat isn't any less able to handle it. No, the vet can't give you anything.

find a neutered male, even though they're shooting blanks, smelling the female in heat will arouse them just like an intact cat, if she has sex, it will trigger her to go out of heat a little sooner. Its sounds strange, but it is effective. 7 months is too young for her 1st litter, her next heat would be better for her physically, Please don;t start a kitty mill. We have about 10 cats who hang out on our street. I wish I could get them all fixed

• c.s.

At 7 months old she can breed. It isn't a good idea to breed her that young. It's best to keep her indoors and give her attention. She can't help her crying, it's instinct that's driving her to want to be outside. It can be very annoying, but do not take your frustrations out on her, she's frustrated herself.

• Lydia

There's really nothing you can do, but show her some love when she is acting close to normal. I had a kitten go into heat once at five months, and it's just hard to see them go through this, I know.

you may desire to take him someplace air conditioned whilst the warmth is intense interior the afternoons. you may desire to pass to the mall, library (if he's quiet), or some public development like a community midsection. infants have a no longer ordinary time with warmth. Get an air conditioner if accessible. save his palms, ft, and head uncovered and funky those with a funky moist textile.

well the only thing to really do is take her to the vet and ask which i don't think there is anyway to calm her down unless they give her some type of medicine.

to be truthful....there is nothing you can do. She is just going to keep acting like this until she gets out of heat. it gets really annoying if you haven't noticed.

She is the right age to be sexually mature. I sympathize with you because the howling can drive you right up the wall - especially at night. She's not in distress - she wants to mate. To my knowledge there is nothing you can do.