Is there a power greater than yourself?

Favorite Answer

Absolutely!

I am an infinitesimaly (SP?) spark conscious on an insignificant speck of dust rotating around an insignificant star (the sun) which is rotating around an insignificant galaxy (The Milky Way) that is in an infinite universe with over 200 billion other galaxies and other stars, and planets.

I fail to understand how someone can claim all of this to be an accident that all just happened with the big bang around 15 billion years ago.

I will believe the universe is an accident when I see a tornado go through a junk yard and build a Boeing jumbo jet out of the spare parts.

yourself, as a personal or "little me" - yes.

your Self - no there is not greater power.

~ Eric Putkonen

Well, as we are not creators of ourselves, the answer would have to be yes. God exists and He loves His creation, which is why in every age He sends a perfect human being called a Manifestation of God to bring us His message. These beings are pre-existent and wholly infallible. Baha'u'llah is the Manifestation of God for this age. He wrote:

"It is clear and evident to thee that all the Prophets are the Temples of the Cause of God, Who have appeared clothed in divers attire. If thou wilt observe with discriminating eyes, thou wilt behold them all abiding in the same tabernacle, soaring in the same heaven, seated upon the same throne, uttering the same speech, and proclaiming the same Faith. Such is the unity of those Essences of being, those Luminaries of infinite and immeasurable splendour. Wherefore, should one of these Manifestations of Holiness proclaim saying: 'I am the return of all the Prophets,' He verily speaketh the truth. In like manner, in every subsequent Revelation, the return of the former Revelation is a fact, the truth of which is firmly established. Inasmuch as the return of the Prophets of God, as attested by verses and traditions, hath been conclusively demonstrated, the return of their chosen ones also is therefore definitely proven. This return is too manifest in itself to require any evidence or proof."

yes there is and there always will be. no matter what anyone says there is a Higher Power which controls much of the workings in the universe.

Yes. God

Show N Tell

Remember this. While you are on this earth there is always someone greater then you are. (a flesh man)

But there is ONE who is greater then ALL combined, and that is Christ JESUS.

NO! being satanist, i believe in myself in place of a god. In my mind there is nothing greater than myself.

the onley power i have is give Love..and the will to Live

The almighty God who created me.

yes there is! Allah who created Earth and the surroundings! he is the greatest!