Can you mow your lawn in December?

I live in Kentucky and the weather has been pretty mild here. Our lawn mower was broken the last part of the summer and I just now got one that works. The grass is still pretty high and my wife doesn't want to look at it like that all winter. What will happen if I mow the grass now? Will it kill it, or is there no harm in it?

Favorite Answer

Of course you can mow it... BUT this late in the season... I would NOT put the mower on the lowest setting

I would think that there would be no harm in mowing your grass in December, I live in Texas and there are always neighbors mowing their grass, just to maintain it!

• john t

We mow hear in SE Texas, in your case i would mow and keep the lady happy. It will not kill it. Sound like something u need to put on your wish list for Christmas, a new riding lawn mover. oh yah, I need one of those!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You can still mow it. It won't hurt anything. My husband actually mowed our lawn about a week ago - we live in Florida.

There should be no harm in mowing it now. As long as there is something to mow, you should be fine.

just mow the lawn.

The last cut of the year should be the shortest cut of the year because it needs to go dormant. I would cut it only one more time until spring.

yes you can

pyro

Source(s): homesteading today
  • bwfc

it won`t do it any harm no