Can you mow your lawn in December?

I live in Kentucky and the weather has been pretty mild here. Our lawn mower was broken the last part of the summer and I just now got one that works. The grass is still pretty high and my wife doesn't want to look at it like that all winter. What will happen if I mow the grass now? Will it kill it, or is there no harm in it?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Of course you can mow it... BUT this late in the season... I would NOT put the mower on the lowest setting

• 1 decade ago

I would think that there would be no harm in mowing your grass in December, I live in Texas and there are always neighbors mowing their grass, just to maintain it!

• john t
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

We mow hear in SE Texas, in your case i would mow and keep the lady happy. It will not kill it. Sound like something u need to put on your wish list for Christmas, a new riding lawn mover. oh yah, I need one of those!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 1 decade ago

You can still mow it. It won't hurt anything. My husband actually mowed our lawn about a week ago - we live in Florida.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

There should be no harm in mowing it now. As long as there is something to mow, you should be fine.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

just mow the lawn.

• 1 decade ago

The last cut of the year should be the shortest cut of the year because it needs to go dormant. I would cut it only one more time until spring.

• 1 decade ago

yes you can

pyro

Source(s): homesteading today
  • bwfc
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

it won`t do it any harm no

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.