Why does my DVD-RW Drive (D:) say there is no blank CD-Disk in drive ,when I know there is.?

A couple of days ago. I down loaded christmas carols from lime wire. the 19 carols I copyied to a CD. Then I went to copy another of the same 19 and it say's put in a blank disk .There was 1 in there already.Is there anyway to fix this ,I have a funny feeling someone put a viruis in it .someone please HELP me. Thank You

Favorite Answer

I seriously doubt it's a virus. It is more likely that your drive is having trouble recognising that media. Try another blank disk and if that doesn't work either, reboot the machine and try again. It might well work after a reboot but if it is still not recognising when you have a good blank inserted then you probably have a faulty drive.

• kull

some producers are asserting that during easy terms particular styles of disk paintings with their stress and so which you are able to use that particular style of disk. yet another element is which you ought to avert using abode windows outfitted in burner considering would properly be temperamental. attempt downloading yet another burning application like Nero in case you have no longer already completed so.

Try and reload the cd, if you still get the message. It probably your blank cd is faulty

Maybe is virus.But most probely is your CD surface.Your CD surface maybe very dirty or many scratches...