Why does a blue line appear on the screen and lock up the computer when I get into yahoo mail?

When I log onto Yahoo mail a blue vertical line appears in the middle of the screen and the system is loced at that point. It only does this with some yahoo email accounts. I have another yahoo account that works fine. My spouses email account also locks up the system.

Favorite Answer

You may very well have a virus or bug that has piggy-backed on a download and is messing up your computer. You should have it checked out before your system crashes.

I have the same problem with the blue line and no response from yahoo yet. FCB suggested upgrade to #7 on yahoo email - but not sure what that #7 is (is it a paid email account?). I am using a Dell laptop - is there a correlation here?

• jg

There was a problem with some of the older Yahoo Toolbars that has been fixed now - sounds like this problem may be a symptom. If you're still seeing it, uninstall your Yahoo Toolbar from Add/Remove Programs in the Control Panel and the problem will most likely go away.

If you like the toolbar and want to keep it around, upgrade to the latest version (click the yellow download button on http://toolbar.yahoo.com) and it should work fine.

• Debra

My account has been doing the same thing both on my work computer and my home PC. Must be some sort of virus....I have been looking for a way to fix it but it appears to be a futile attempt. If I find a way to fix this little issue I will post it for everyone

I had to log into yahoo mail using a different ID (created a new Mail address), then you have to select the new upgrade (#7) yahoo is offering. Once you down load the new upgrade you are able to access your old e-mail address and everything is working as usual.

I called yahoo - this will fix it - go to tools , internet options, advanced then uncheck enable 3rd party browser extensions - restart computer and it will be fixed

i did as ebanks stated to do and my trouble went away. thanks ebanks

mike