Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 1 decade ago

can woman divorce their husband?

is it possible to legalise a divorce if you are a woman? and how do i do that?

11 Answers

  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    A women can do anything that a man can do when it comes to divorce. Go see a attorney, talk with them.

  • Mary
    Lv 4
    5 years ago

    According to Islam women can divorce her husband but there need a specific reason. ***Can a man marry his brother wife? "..Her husband's brother shall take her and marry her" [duet 25:5] Deut 25:5 says, If the husband dies without impregnating the wife, then the "brother" of the dead husband MUST marry his wife. The female CANNOT marry anyone else, but ONLY her husbands brother. In Islam if the husbands dies, then the wife may marry another male by choice. ***In Christianity and Judaism, the woman has NO CHOICE, but to marry her dead husbands brother. Note: In Matthew 5:17-20 Jesus said, he not came for destroy any law but fulfill it and if anyone break only one law and teach people for same to do it then he never can enter the kingdom of heaven so indeed Old Testament also is the law of Christianity. ***Christians follow their Bible or not - this not a point.

  • 1 decade ago

    Yes women do divorce their husbands. Do you live in the U.S.A? If you do, all you have to do is obtain a lawyer and he or she will take it from there. It is relatively easy but may cost you some money so check around. It depends on how much you and your husband own and what needs to be separated.

  • 1 decade ago

    Hello... =)

    In any state, women may file for divorce, for several different reasons. Usually a reason is required. "Irreconcilable differences" is usually the best one, unless your husband has been physically abusive, then that is the best one. It is difficult to prove "infidelity" (cheating)....

    If you can go to the state of Nevada for 3 months, you can get a divorce without his consent, but you must establish legal residency there, which means living there for 3 months or more.

    I hope this was helpful.



  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

    Well I don't know where you live. If you are in a Western or Western-style democratic country like the US Canada Australia Europe Japan there is usually no difference if you are man or a woman.

    If you are in the middle east it is a whole different matter. You will need to talk to a lawyer.

  • 1 decade ago

    Yes, go to a lawyer and tell them you want a divorce from your husband because of whatever your reason.

  • 1 decade ago

    i am american woman and i divorced all 5 of my husbands

  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

    Yes It is possible. You prepare divorse pepar with the help of lawyer.You send divorse pepar to your husband. In that first you have to sign it . then if your husband also sign it then your divorse is done

  • 1 decade ago

    just get yourself a lawyer and tell them you want a divorce. your lawyer will be able to help you

  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

    Go to Las Vegas it is faster there

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.