Help on Christmas chocolate centrepiece?

I have bought a big box of chocolates for everyone to tuck into on Christmas day, and i wanted to make something to put them into rather than the box that they came in. I was thinking that i could make a christmas pudding and have the lid come off with the chocs inside, but i have no idea where i would even start.

Any ideas on this or anything else Christmas themed?

Favorite Answer

I love the foam tree idea. I did that once with tortellini, and it was a huge hit.

You could always just arrange them on a tiered platter. Or try this: take a few small, empty boxes, and gift wrap them with pretty Christmas paper. Use them as pedestals for clear plates (if you don't have some, you can pick them up at a dollar store). Smack a big bow in the center of each plate, then arrange your candies on the clear plates and wind curly ribbon through the pieces. I do an appetizer party on Christmas Eve every year, and I sometimes serve them this way. It's so pretty.

Go by a party store and buy a Xmas tree cake mold. Make your favorite brownie mix and bake in the tree mold instead of a square pan. Then when it comes out of the oven, put M&M's (Christmas ones, red and green) on the brownie cake as the bulbs for decoration.

• Lori

You could buy a large styrofoam cone, cover with colored tissue paper or foil. With toothpicks cover the cone with the chocolates, creating an edible Christmas tree!

Place tree on a cake stand surrounded with greens and tiny colored ornaments or something similar and you will have an easy show stopper.

Merry Christmas!

• Swirly

Make a Chocolate Centerpiece Cake...and place candies around it.

Bûche de Noël

http://www.marthastewart.com/page.jhtml?type=conte...