Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceHomework Help · 1 decade ago

what are some effective ways to memorize history stuffs FAST?

i have an exam in history of music tomorrow... so help me God... >.<

i try to study but it makes me sleepy that nothing is retained..

First drink lots of Coffee (to keep you awake) then get out some 3 by 5 cards (or 4 by 6) and make flash cards write a hint/question on one side and write the answer on the other side then make alot and then go through them! You read the question/hint and then answer it. Try to do stuff that's hard for you not easy stuff! lol! That's how I learn and memorize stuff! Hope it works for you!

Make note cards. By the time that you finish making them, you already know some of it, so it really doesn't take too long and it is a great way to memorize stuff.

• medel

How To Memorise History

Use the music silly girl, write a song that has the information in it. Use a melody you already know ( Like twinkle twinkle little star). Or put the information to a tune that the composer wrote.

Association- think of a rhyme or something that will trigger the thought of this answer. for example: APPLE- triiggers Sir Issac Newton discovered gravity through physics and new terchniques in Physics.

• Keith

When you read you need to visualize what you are reading. Think of it as a story. It aslo would help to read a paragraph and briefly summarize what you just read in your own words. The point is to make you are paying attention to what you are reading. Actively read and not passively read.

take notes, then write a paragraph on the notes

i do this in history, and i actually learn something

word association and song. seriously it sounds stupid but its how i passed all of my medical exams:)

good luck:)

lol i just noticed you name is the model of my car:)