Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

what is the Bahai Faith?

Update:

guys ,

i only asked that question to see how much the faith has spread .

i'm a born Bahai myself

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Baha'is believe that God is ever fulfilling His Covenant with mankind - that is, never to leave man to himself. He fulfills His promise by manifesting Himself in a form humans can comprehend (human) every 500 to 1000 years. (If you look at religious history as one history you'll find this to be true.) When these Divine Messengers (or Manifestations of God) appear They always (1) reawaken the spiritual Teachings of the previous Messenger and (2) change the social laws to meet the needs of an ever-advancing civilization.

We don't know who all the Manifestions of God are, but some of the Ones we do know of are Adam, Krishna, Buddha, Abraham, Zoroaster, Moses, Jesus Christ, Mohammed, The Bab, and (most recently) Baha'u'llah.

Baha'i's don't believe that one Manifestation of God is better than another, but we do believe that the weight of the Revelation given to humanity increases with the age because the maturity of humanity also increases with the age. Jesus Christ said clearly "I have more to tell, but you can not bear it now." There are over 100 volumes of Baha'i Holy Writings - and for the first time in history, original scripts - all verifiable.

In the time of Moses. tribes were learning to become harmonious cities. In the time of Jesus Christ cities were learning to become harmonious states. In the time of Mohammed, states were learning to become harmonious nations. And today, in the time of Baha'u'llah, nations are learning to become one harmonious world. Baha'is believe Baha'u'llah's Revelation is the Word of God for today and is leading humanity to the Most Great Peace. A universal peace where all forms of prejudice (religious, gender, racial, political) are eliminated and humanity lives according to God's Laws.

"The earth is but one country and mankind its citizens."

-BAHA'U'LLAH

"O CHILDREN OF MEN! Know ye not why We created you all from the same dust? That no one should exalt himself over the other. Ponder at all times in your hearts how ye were created. Since We have created you all from one same substance it is incumbent on you to be even as one soul, to walk with the same feet, eat with the same mouth and dwell in the same land, that from your inmost being, by your deeds and actions, the signs of oneness and the essence of detachment may be made manifest. Such is My counsel to you, O concourse of light! Heed ye this counsel that ye may obtain the fruit of holiness from the tree of wondrous glory."

BAHA’U’LLAH, The Hidden Words, #68

Source(s): www.bahai.org
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Well we believe in all of the religions, and we believe that Baha'ullah is christ come again, and that Muhammad was a phophet of god as well, Check out this website

Meg

http://www.bahai.us/

Fyi- I eat meat, pork, whatever, and have 3 small children who go to public School, and play basket ball and listen to some rap music, even though we are Bahai we still celebrate Christmas with our Christian Families.

Yes we believe in islam, but we also believe in Jesus as the Christ. So do Muslims. I read the Bible , the Quran, and other writtings of God. I don't limit myself, We believe in the unity of the races, adn sexes and the oneness of humanity, we believe in Love.

• 1 decade ago

I don't know a lot about their doctrine or tenets. But from what I understand it's a very beautiful religion and everyone that I've met who's Bahai has been beyond wonderful and loving and beautiful.

• 1 decade ago

The believe that Christ is one of the 9 great manifestations of divinity. Baha'uallah is greater.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

-Abu Hurairah, may Allah be pleased with him, reported:

Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: The Last Hour would not come until there would arise about thirty impostors, liars, and each one of them would claim that he is a messenger of Allah.

- The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: “The Jews divided into seventy one or seventy two sects, the Christians into the same number, and my people will be divided into seventy three sects. All will be in Hell except one.”

They asked the Prophet (peace be upon him): “Which one is it?”

He said: “It is the one which will be on the same (guidance) as me and my Companions are on now.”

Then the Prophet (peace be upon him) said: “There will always be a group of my people following what is right. They will be granted victory. They do not worry about those who forsake them or differ with them until the order of Allah comes while they are still firm on what is right”.

“What is right” is to follow Allah’s book and the authentic Sunnah. This is the true path and the straight way we were ordered to follow. There is only one true path that has been followed by the Companions and the Successors and all the righteousness people who came after them.

All other paths and ways are astray. They are what Allah refers to when He says: “Follow not (other) paths: they will scatter you about from His path” [Sûrah al-An`âm: 153]

-----------------------------------------------------------

Index » RELIGIONS, SECTS AND DA'WAH (CALL TO ISLAM) » Non-Islamic Sects (Falsely Thought to Be Islamic) » Bahaism (1)

Fatwa No. : 2432

Fatwa Title : Bahai faith

Fatwa Date : 29 Ramadhaan 1422 / 15-12-2001

Question

1-What is bahai faith? Are they Muslims?

2-I am a Muslim. Can I marry a woman of bahai faith?

Fatwa

Praise be to Allah, the Lord of the World; and blessings and peace be upon our Prophet Muhammad and upon all his Family and Companions.

Bahai is a movement that appeared in 1260 Muslim year (about 150 years ago). It was founded by Mirza Ali Mohamed Rida Al Shirazi who was raised in some innovative movements. He first dealt in trade. At the age of 17, he resumed studying and occupied himself with Sufi and other misleading books. In 1259 (Muslim Year) he went to Baghdad and learned the ideas and opinions of Kazem Al Rashti. During that time, he met a Russian spy by the name of Kinazd Gorki who claimed to be Muslim and named himself Isa Al Nakrani. This Russian spy started spreading rumors that Mirza Ali was the Mahdi and the Bab (door) to the divine truth and that he will appear after the death of Al Rashti. In fact, Gorki found that Mirza Ali was the right person to use in order to disunite Muslims.

On Thursday Jumadaa Al Akhir (6th month of Muslim year) 1260 Mirza declared that he was the "door that leads to reality" and that he was a prophet just like Musa, Isa and Muhammad (Alaihim al-Salam). He even claimed that he had a higher rank than these Prophets. Then Rashti's students believed in him.

Later, he was arrested (1261 Muslim year) and he declared his repentance on the Mimbar (the place in the mosque where the Imam stands when delivering Friday speech) of Al Wakil's mosque after having caused much destruction and turned many people from the right creed.

Later, in 1266, however, Mirza Ali, now known as Al Bab (the door) claimed that he had incarnated bodily as "The Lordness" (the attribute of a god).

When the Muslim scholars discussed the issue with him, he again repented. But this time, they did not believe him as he was known to be coward and to run from confrontation. So, he was sentenced to death and killed. Among the most famous personalities of the Bahai movement, is Qurrat Al Ain and her real name was Um Salma who was born in 1231 (Muslim year) in Quzween and took her knowledge from Al Mulla Mohammed Saleh Al Quzweeni (a shiite). Then she claimed the Islamic Sharia has been abrogated.

Here are some of the most important ideas and beliefs of Bahai movement:

1. They believe that Al Bab (the door) is the one who created everything with his word and that he is the principle from which all things stem.

2. They believe in reincarnation and transmigration of souls and that reward and punishment are only for souls but in an imaginary way.

3. They agree with the Christians and Jews who believe that Jesus was crucified.

4. They deny the Prophets' miracles as well as the reality of Angels and Jinns. They also deny the existence of Paradise and Hell.

5. They forbid Hijab for women and make lawful Mutaa (temporary marriage) and for them women and properties are for common use.

6. They claim that Al Bab religion nullifies the religion of Muhammad.

7. Their Qibla (where they face when praying) is Al Bahja in Akka in Palestine, not Al Haram mosque.

We conclude from the above that this group has nothing to do with Islam. So, it is forbidden to marry with them.

Allah knows best.

Source(s): islamtoday.com islamweb.net al-islam.com
  • 1 decade ago

they are the wrong side of Islam.they are just nothing .liers and worngdoing..

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.