What should i do?

Why does he tell me that i will find someone better then him when i told him that he is the only one for me?

I have loved this man with all my heart since 8th grade. Yea i know its strange and i know people are going to be like she couldnt have becuz your so young at that age and you dont know what love is but im now 21 and i still feel the same way.

Him and i were bestfriends in highschool and we dated for 3 months and now we are friends now.

But we still kiss each another goodnite and we still have alot of chemistry between us that "just friends" shouldnt have. I dont know what to do. Everyone tells me to follow my heart and i am. But it seems to keep crossing lines with just be friends with him thing. I dont mind being friends and all cuz we get along great. Our dating relationship was great as well no fighting or nothing. He just didnt want to have a girlfriend at this time.

I started thinking well maybe im being silly by waiting out for him so i asked him one day just out of wondering cuz i just wanted a straight out answer from him just to see where he stands and

i said "was i a bad girlfriend?"

he said "no you were not"

then i asked him " you'll never want to date me again would you"

and he said "no i wouldnt say that"

That same nite we kissed on the lips before i left.

So i dont know what to do. Im not ready for a boyfriend becuz i dont feel like i could ever like or even love an other as much as i love this man that i have sit my heart on. He's not ready for a girlfriend right now either. At least he doesmt want one now.

Im glad that i asked him thoses questions cuz at least i know that its not cut out saying its over between us if you know what i mean.

This is something that i see happening in the next couple of weeks if him and i hangout. I think whats going to happen is we are going to end up being "just freinds" for now but still have flirty touchy moments like we did that night. And then maybe a few months/a year or so we might end up dating again. I dont know.

All i know is hes trying to go back to school and im trying to finish school.

What should i do?

Favorite Answer

In my opinion, I would say you call the relationship what he calls it. If he wants you as just a friend, take him as same if he wants you for some intimacy, take him on that if your heart is there. Don't impose anything deeper on him. If he is not ready for an intimate relationship, let him be. The idea of waiting for him may not apply in this context, because he has not said anything about intimate relationship. Yes! you are having feelings for him according to you. But I advice you to watch it, put yourself under control, else you would give him the impression that you are forcing yourself on him since he is not ready for such right now. Just call it whatever he calls it. Also, that would not stop you from giving consent to any other guy that comes your way that interests you. Try this: Sometimes, try to flirt around some other guys in his presence and see how he reacts about it, check if he is jealous, then you would know if he really wants you for real or just having you as one of his friends. I hope this helps.

Well it doesn't seem like there is too much you can do. You two are just friends. So focus on yourself, and let him focus on himself. If you two are meant to be you'll be, maybe this is just not the right time for you to be anything more than "just friends".

tell him how you fell and do not listen to sweet guy he is a jerk just follow your heart hope all works out

Maybe he's discovering that he's actually a homosexual.