Will I need another computer hookup in my home for an X Box 360. We only have one comp. and no other hookups.

My son is dying for and X Box 360 and we're afraid we just cant add any more to our home computer bill with another hookup. Wondering if you have to have that to get the ulimate use of the system. Hate to spend the 400.00 then have that problem.

Favorite Answer

well u need the hook up to a modem thus your son can play online. otherwise all you need is the system to plug into the tv, and power outlet.

I am assuming you are talking about an Internet connection. What you need to do is go buy a lynksys wireless router and the lyncsys wireless game adapter. Connect the wireless router to your PC and the Internet adaptor to the 360. You can buy these at wal-mart or radio shack for around $100.00. Then of course you will have the monthly xbox live fee I think it's $12.99 a month. I know it sounds expensive but this will latterly change the way you play video games. You will be able to play anyone at any time while online. Enjoy !!!!

Depending on where your computer and tv are, all you really need is a router. know this though, the xbox can't run on dial-up. You need cable or dsl. You can buy a router at wal-mart for like $30. Wireless is great, but it does cost a whole lot. I use a router and have no problems what so ever. You have two choices of what kind of xbox live plans you want. Either one if you want to download data you still have to pay for it (you get points for a certain amount of dollars, like $25 gets you 2000 points). Silver is free, but you can't do online tournaments. Gold costs you depending on how you want to set it up, so you can do online tournements. It's all how you want to let your son play.

you'll ultimately be required to position in the hot Xbox dashboard once you play a sparkling activity. it truly is pronounced as NXE - New Xbox adventure. in any case, the dashboard replace is coated on new video games that are popping out now, so as you commence getting those more moderen video games you'd be triggered to position in the replace earlier it may help you play the sport.