Wii or PS3 and why?

PS3 looks more cool but Wii is ohhhhhh Im confused....

Favorite Answer

Wii because you can feel like you are in an amazing virtual world !!!

It depends on if you are going to be the only one playing.

Wii does look like a good system(it looks like it): Looks can be decieving. The wii from my knowledge will be mainly sports, and the system will be great for those with a large family(everybody in the house can play together). It is a new way with that stupid 'wand'(which from what I hear has major problems working some times) to teach kids how to get better at sports.

the ps3 is a high quality system, just as good of graphics as xbox 360. the ps3 will have games coming out over the year, but until those numbers are up there you are left to go reaching back into the library of the past systems(PS2, and playstation) to play on the system.

I would go with the PS3. Though I wouldn't buy one when they first come out. Probably 40-50% of the systems will have problems, and it will take another 6-7 months until they fix the problem and send out more systems. So by that time the craze for the systems will be over, and the price will be down

What are you looking for in a gaming system? Well PS3 is more expensive. But it comes with blu-ray dvd capabilities, and the graphics and performance is a little better than the wii. On the other hand, the wii is less cheaper, and more fun due to the fact that the gameplay is not the same as a regular gamepad.

The PS3 looks cool, and your friends will envy you. I say PS3.

Both systems have potential. Id say go for the Wii for now though. Its much cheaper and the games are far more fun. Gotta love Zelda, and the pack in game Wii sports has my friends and I playing for hours.

I would hold off on the PS3 for now. The exclusive game line up looks rather weak at the moment, and it is massively expensive for a video game system. It does have Blu-Ray, but unless you watch a lot of movies, and have a lot of Blu-Ray disks, that is not going to make much of a difference. Plus anything that is worthwhile on the PS3 is also available on the much cheaper XBox 360.

So there is my verdict, get the Wii and wait a while for the PS3 to pick up a little more steam.

• Lowa

The Wii is awesome because it is so different. PS3 is just better graphics and the Blue Ray thing Sony is pushing, and more expensive. I don't care about that kind of stuff. The Wii is something everyone can get into, even non-gamers. And I like it because I have an excuse to lean with my controller where I used to look silly for doing so.

I would have to say Wii because the PS3 has come out after Wii and so far there have not been much problems with it except people do not wear the saftey bands and cause acciedents, and for all we know, PS3 could have bugs like the X-Box 360 did when it first came out.

Despite the "problems" with the PS3, I would still invest in one, purely because:

1. The graphics are better.

2. There is a wider range of games available (not just sports games)

3. It looks way cooler.

I am taking the advice of other Yahoo! Answerers and waiting for a while before investing in one of the PS3's, just in case the rumours about the "problems" are true.

Assuming money is no object:

If you only care about graphics then go ahead and get a PS3 if you can find one. If you can't find one, get an XBox 360.

If you care more about fun than graphics, then get a Wii.

The wii is gay that's why i invite you to come to this official ps3 website! http://playb3yond.com i know you have to wait a bit but it still tells you everything about the ps3. Oh and if you still want to check out the wii go here: http://www.wii.com

PS3 is good because it has blu-ray but if ur not to keen on spending $700 just buy a Nintendo Wii. It costs less and its still entertaining to play. Watch ou though because Nintendo just called back most of their Wii's because of some technical problem. >_<