direct deposit? bank account closed?

my check was direct deposited to my bank on friday. my bank account was closed with out me knowing.... when will i get a hard copy of my check? i'm freaking. it's a $1,000.00 and i haven't went christmas shopping yet. for my 2 year old :(

Favorite Answer

Depends on the bank. Could be a week or more.

Why was the account closed?

• Nancy

You're not a fan of having money with two separate banks? Are you a fan of receiving your direct deposit? Your old account won't be reopened just because a deposit was supposed to come through. When your payroll deposit is sent to your old account via ACH, it's going to reject. Talk to your employer.

The bank accidentally closed my business account and I went to the bank, they fixed it and the funds were available immediately. Good luck and get to the bank ASAP so you can go Christmas shopping for your child.

If the account was closed without your consent, Sue the bank! Or remain very calm and make an emergency appointment with your bank manager and tell him about the unfortunate circumstances you now find yourself and your 2 year old in. They will help you as much as they can.

You need to go to your local bank immediately. If your account was closed w/o your knowledge and approval, it is your banks fault. Just a side note: Don't spend a lot on your 2 yr old, they'd rather play with the cardboard box than the $50 toy...lol

Call the bank and find out why the account was closed.

If you overdrafted too many times or if it was closed due to ChexSystems, there is very little you can do about the closure... but you can bug them about sending the money (less closing fees) back to you.

Why did they close your account?

Call or go to the bank and find out why it closed and get the money given to you.