Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 1 decade ago

how do i stop my husband from having an attitude with me for no reason?

ok what about if he wont open up to me

Favorite Answer

Get a whip and use it. He'll change in time.

• helly

Well, a marriage in which a husband has a bad attitude towards his wife and wont open up to her doesn't have the makings of a long and successful one.

Openness, warmth, and sharing are absolutely key in a marriage. Without those things it's a cold, loveless union. Only he knows why he is this way, but you must have known about this side to him when you married him, unless this is a recent development, in which case you must sit down and get to the bottom of it. He can't shut you out - you're his wife. If he wont talk to you, there is no marriage.

It is his prerogative to not open up. He is an individual and does not share a mind with anyone. However, neither do you. There is no reason to try and get inside his head to figure out what's wrong with him. That's HIS job, you have to much to do as it is! I think you have to ask yourself if you can accept his "attitude". If you can, fine, if you can't, don't be afraid to open up yourself by telling him you need change in the relationship in order for you to make it worth your while. Someone has to make a first move, otherwise you're in a deadlock and those go nowhere fast! Try marriage counselling...good luck!!

Is something bothering him? Try to get him to open up and also confront him about how he has been towards you. People often take things out on the ones they love the most because it's safe. That doesn't make it hurt any less so you need to tell him he is hurting you by giving you attitude all the time.

When someone gives me attitude (friend, family member or anyone I come into contact with) I have to sit back and contemplate if something I did caused the change in their attitude.

Sometimes it wasn't me who caused them to change their attitude, but most the time if it continues then I realize they weren't the one who started with the changing of attitudes, it was me.

In marriage, usually when someone's attitude towards their spouse changes... The one who notices the change in attitude is the one who somehow changed their attitude first and the natural reaction for the spouse is to change their attitude.

That might sound complicated (jumbled) but you my dear changed your attitude or did something to make him change his attitude towards you.

Sit down and think about how you've been treating him and I think you'll find your answer.

There's a reason why he is giving you attitude. You have to find out what it is. Take some responsibility in this.

• zara01

I just ignore mine when he pulls that crap and usually he will apologize quite soon :) As though people can't have a bad attitude without it being someone else's fault!!! Oh please, I know I can be mean to my husband when my annoyance has nothing to do with him. Just like he can take anger out on me when I haven't done anything. I don't know what the answerer above me is thinking.

Well i use to have the same problem, The both of you deal with a lot of different personalty's in a day. If you two can communicate you will find it a lot easy er........ good luck to you

Maybe there is something about you that he does not like. He may be hesitant to discuss it because he does not want a confrontation, so my suggestion is ask him and listen twice before speaking.

there is a lot of things you can do. when i am in a bad mood my husband doesnt talk to me. it hurts but it works also. or you could talk to him and tell him that you dont like it and he needs to change.

well there always is a reason, either you dont want sex, or no food or something, probably a small thing he wants to pout about,

I would turn into a total B, and give him a good butt chewing,

always made me kiss up to my wife,