Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesPhilosophy · 1 decade ago

have you ever wished or prayed so hard and much for somehing that it came true?

Favorite Answer

A friend fell, had a head injury and they said he would never wake from his coma and if he did he would probably be a vegetable. I prayed that he would fully recover or die.

He woke, and seemed to recognize people, they said he would never talk, he talked. They said he would only have childish mentality, he regained his normal self. They said he would never walk or have good motor skills, he was back to work logging in a couple months.

May not prove to unbelievers that prayer works, but it does prove where there is life, there is hope.

• justa

Since we usually truly wish or pray for something to happen based on what we want, like a recovery or a good day in the business world, some prayers/wishes are bound to come true, others, like winning the lottery, are far more based on chance than divine intervention, and still will come true just far less often and usually not for us.

There is always a caveat attached to wishes/prayers, like you have to do something like actually work for the promotion, or buy the ticket, or go to school so you can get the education to get the job in the first place. No "free meal" wish/prayer there.

I'm not fond of thinking that prayer won't work for the ill if they don't believe the 'right ' way since we all know of people who are so nasty and yet still walk away from illness and accident where much better people have died. I have to say a few of my prayers/wishes have come true, I have a nice family and a good husband and my own house. But in the end it was the result of hard work and not just prayers said in my childhood bed.

I have many times prayed ardently and every time the prayer has been granted.It is difficult to quote the number of time but I will give you one instance I was travelling by a train and i had left my hand bag containing my ATM cards, Journey pass suitcase keys ID card etc with Rs 200 /- in the seat and got down for a minute at a station.When i came back the bag was missing. I was shocked because now i cannot even open my suitcase.

So i prayed to lord to return my bag all articles of my use and let the money go to the person who took it. The train kept running and

In the morning a friend who was in the adjacent compartment informed me that one bag was sticking out of the folding vestibule. I rushed and found that it was my beg and all items except the cash were intact

• I prayed for a person to come back into my life.. now that he has, it has been overwhelming and I sometimes question if it was meant to be or if my prayer caused it to happen. Prayer is positive thinking and is very, very powerful. Don't underestimate it and be careful what you pray for.

All my wishes came true.

• sixgun

Yes. It's kinda personal, but yes.

• --

when i was younger i had better luck with this. i guess the magic wore off.

Absolutely! God never fails us and we are provided with what we NEED!!!!

yea but that doesnt mean god gave it to you because you wanted it he gave it to you because you needed it.