Rajen asked in Science & MathematicsMedicine · 1 decade ago

How do antibiotics function once they are administered externally in the body?

I want to know the basic functioning of the antibiotics and why they don't influence our immune system permanently?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Antibiotics are chemicals used to treat infections. The reason they do not influence our immune system permanently is because they do not target our immune system. Antibiotics act on the bacteria or virus that is causing the infection in the body.

For example, some antibiotics break down the cell wall of the bacteria, others target the reproductive function of the virus such that it cannot replicate. Antibiotics are not meant to boost a person's immune system.

Most antibiotics are excreted from the body through the kidneys, or altered by the liver. And once that happens, the function of the antibiotic stops. There is no permanent effect.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

antibiotics are said to help fight bacterial infections but the greatest problems with taking antibiotics is it builds yeast in the body which is not good. This is the reason I never take any prescribed antibiotics instead I take vitamin A which is the only natural antibiotic and does the same thing. If taken on a regular basis you will hardly ever get sick

• SKG R
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

The basic function is to fight any one of these:

1 ) Blisters

2 ) boils

3 ) breast infections

4 ) burns

5 ) diarrhea

6 ) ear infections

7 ) nose bleed

8 ) shingles

9 ) urinary tract infections

10)conjunctivitis. and any other diseases.

Source(s): Self
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.