cheirie asked in HealthWomen's Health · 1 decade ago

i have a problem please help ??

I’m 17 years old and I’ve been having Vaginal pains off and on....for a few months now sometimes it just feels uncomfortable down there... and it just hurts more when I’m close to my period ... I don’t know what’s causing it !! I’ave never had sex and I’ve taken all the yeast infection and bacteria medicines but they haven’t helped ... any ideas... and I’m a little scared to see a gynecologist (it just feels awkward to me) ...!! so any suggestions would be nice,


thank you all so much!!

4 Answers

  • D.C
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    Never be afraid of a gynecologist. You dont have anything they havent seen before and if you do they dont know what it is anyways. Grit your teeth and GO to the Dr.

    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

    There's so many things that could be causing this, some which are nothing to worry about and some that could be serious.

    You really should see a gynocologist. Go to a female if that would make you feel more comfortable. Write down ahead of time what the problem is, so you will remember to bring everything up at the doctor's. Remember that this doctor sees thousands of women a year- they are there to do their job, which is help you- they are not interested in your body.

    You will have to get used to going to the GYN, as you will need to have a PAP smear done annually, as well as just a general "check up". First time is always the hardest, it will get better.

    Look for patterns of animals or funny faces in the ceiling tiles, and take deep breaths. You can do it!

    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • sixgun
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

    Ask around for a recommended woman OB/GYN. It is WAY more comfortable than going to a man.

    Antibiotics taken when not needed will mess with the pH in your system and cause problems.

    I would guess that it is just cramps. I have the same thing in addition to abdominal cramps. It could be your cervix changing during your cycle. That hurts like crazy if you haven't had kids, especially if you are skinny and active.

    Exercise makes it WORSE! Ibuprofen should take the pain away 100%. A nice hot bath should also make it feel way better.

    You need to go to the OB/GYN sometime. If you tell her this is your first visit ever she will be especially helpful. Eventually it will become no big deal if you go as often as you should.

    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

    If you have taken a wide range of antibiotics for the pain to prevent and treat an infection and they haven't worked you really need to see a gyno to check your ovaries.

    To me it sounds like it could be ovarian cysts, but it may also be numerous other conditions. Either way you really need a pelvic ultrasound and scans of the region to show any abnormalities.

    But again I stress you should see a gyno about this. The female reproductive system is their area of speciality. They see them all the time, so you don't need to be embarassed or uncomfortable. Another step to reduce your discomfort would be to find a femal gyno, instead of a male one.

    Source(s): Medical Intern
    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.