When the word God is mentioned, do you think of Jesus? or God?

I lose track of all the different beliefs in denominations so I was just curious.

Thank you

• Mystro
    Favorite Answer

- JESUS, JESUS was GOD with skin, still is too, YO ! ! !

- MICROW -

Source(s): - HOLY BIBLE . . .

When I think of 'God', I think of God the Father because when Jesus came to Earth, even though He was still God, He came in human form.

In some sense, we will never be able to understand God because if we could, we would BE Gods too. We use words and ideas to make imperfect approximations about characteristics of God.

I guess that largely would depend on which religious affiliation you find yourself agreeing with the most. In my case, "they" are one in the same.

Open-ended religiously-based questions really should not be asked in this type of forum. Jesus is not the center of any religion except a few Christian denominations, Lutheran being one of those. And then there are the many facets of the Lutheran religion in itself....

Not a good question unless you are only polling Christians who believe in Jesus and Christmas. Still not sure myself why Catholics celebrate Christmas since they Hail Mary and believe she is their only path to Christ. Lutherans believe in a direct line to Jesus and a personal relationship with Him. The only real difference in the Missouri Synod or Evangelical denominations of Lutheranism is the sanctions they place on how you can believe, rules you have to live by, etc etc.

I think of God first but remain solid in my belief that Jesus was a manifestation of his word on earth in the physical form..

When the word God is mentioned I think of God. I have nothing person against Jesus himself, but I do have issues with the religion that men created in his name. One of the primary ones is the attitude that theirs is the only religion or spiritual belief which can possibly be right, and all others will be severly punished with eternal damnation, just because they can't, in all conscience, agree.

God the Father..... Jesus the Son and the Holy spirirt

Neither the word God means just that a higher being in almost every religion the word God is used it means what you believe that it means

God. God is God. Jesus is Jesus.

Actually God is imaginary and Jesus really may have lived 2000 or so years ago.

Well......naturally I think of God since it was HIS name mentioned.

personally think of GOD in the NAMES I prefer to think of HIM as. THE SUPREME ARCHITECT OF THE UNIVERSE or THE GREAT MYSTERY.

All of the prophets and God, since they are our human connection to him.

I am a Bahai and we believe that Baha'u'llah is the most recent prophet.

http://www.bahai.us/

Meg