Does it irk you when you ask a question and someone attempts to correct your grammar?

funny thing is the person doing the correcting, even though they have much more space to write they misspell and word things wrong ,etc. It is hard in the question part to me accurate as you are limited to letters plus I am not perfect and never claimed to be:)

correcting in a nice way is cool but when you correct make sure your own house is in order

very good andy man 6 I give you an A+

Favorite Answer

Yeah, someone once answered "mind your grammar" to my question. I went through it several times and I swear I still couldn't find anything wrong with it. That was sort of ... eerie.

Actually no it doesn't irk me at all, using correct grammar should be a requirement. Spelling errors are viewed as the "lesser evil" compared to improper grammar usage. In the days of typing and computers, people are prone to typographical errors which have made sort of a "cushion" in the idea of lacking spelling skills... even if a spelling error has been made. Although both poor spelling and poor grammar are a reflection of poor education (or a lack of will to retain what has been taught), people are somewhat proud of it and get defensive when someone corrects them in a non malicious way.

Not to brag, but I am pretty good at grammar. I have a hard time trying to understand what some people post on this site. It's one thing if English isn't your primary language, but when I detect "urban shorthand", I just go to the next question that I can answer.

Yeah, but I have a tendency to do that to people too. I try to be as grammatically correct as possible, but I didn't do so well in English. I always use the spell check though.

Source(s):

I think that if the message was clear there is no need for that. Many times is the speed of typing and posting the question what does that.

No, because I try to use correct grammar and there is no reason for incorrect spelling because there is a spell check.

why i sur do!! Yer not the only 1 !! thnx 4 the question..

my grammar is senile and very very violent and will punch anyone who goes near her !let alone try to correct her.

• Swtf

i Dont make mitsakes and i dont sea kerektions wat is beink irkd

i try not look at ansers an that help

yo unnerstan

plese

• Neev

fires me up.