meg
meg asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

Conservatives often try to change the meaning of words or label ideas with an negative word .?

I need examples of liberals also doing this,

The sort of thing I mean is calling the inheritance tax a death tax, call any welfare program socialist, or when talking about distribution functions( which is a mathimatical term) for income or wealth saying they are earned not distributed,

WHAT ARE EXMPLES OF LIBERALS ALSO DOING THIS?? I need the information for a paper I am writing.

Favorite Answer

war mongerers - instead or war supporters

War hawks instead of " "

There are so many. Liberals have revised history. The Constitutional framers are now all liberals. The framers are now all atheists. Thomas Jefferson was an atheist (a known Deist who believed in a common morality and a Creator). Jesus is a liberal.

In my estimation, liberals have redefined right and made it wrong and vice versa.

But to answer your question, try "competition." Liberals have made this a negative concept. Or "capitalism." Or "Patriotism." Or "individualism." Or "personal responsibility."

authentic, yet in case you concentrate on conservatism, that's purpose is to guard what you've. that is a wise course to take, and at the same time as replacing circumstances require replacing coverage that's continually an excellent theory to carry on to what you've. that's not unavoidably unprogressive, because even staunch good wing conservatives would ought to attend to forthcoming adjustments; they'd basically attempt to attain this in a fashion that preserves the status quo. Liberals and progressives are truly diverse. Liberals take a liberal stance on coverage, which in case you inquire from me is truly unguided and ignorant. they're going to do what the human beings choose, in spite of ways uneducated that's. A inventive specifically seeks progression with the help of coverage.

Are you serious? or trying to make a point?>..lol....Liberals have done it once, that I remember and they created a word called "creationism protection", which is a way of making environmentalism more acceptable in the ears of conservatives...

This is the very difference between conservatives and libs,,,,,,

The sides of abortion would be easy. To insult Pro-Lifers, they are called Anti-Choice. Similarly, Pro-Choice is called Pro-Death. Most that I can think of are two sided.

All politicians do that,Illegal aliens became guest workers,failure becomes mission accomplished.brownie,you're doing a heck of a job,read my lips,etc.etc.etc.

Welfare programs are socialist.

raping social security

"Pro-choice" instead of pro-abortion.

"Progressive" instead of radical leftist / communist.

YOU MEAN LIE,,,,,like mother,,,tells them to do?