I think I have a Stye in my eye?

I think I have a Stye in my eye if that is how you spell it. My eye is really watery and feels irritated as if something is in it. But I can't get rid of it and I noticed under my top eyelid is a lump and it is pressing against my eye which is probably causing the irritation. Does it sound like a Stye and also how to treat it? Should I see the doctor or is it just a wait it out kind of thing?

3 Answers

  • Favorite Answer

    A stye would not be under your eye lid. It is an infection of the eye lash follicle so can be seen clearly in the mirror without having to touch your eye lid. An eyelash will be coming straight out of it. If it is underneath your lid, it may be a chalazion. An optometrist or ophthalmologist will advise you.

  • ~MIMI~
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

    It sounds like you have a stye, but you should see a doctor and get confirmation that indeed it is a stye what's in your eye.

    You could very well have some other eye infection.

    Styes are treated with oral and/or topical antibiotics and a hot compress for 10 minutes to the affected area four times a day.

  • 1 decade ago

    It sounds like a typical stye, as they appear to look like a pimple on the inside of your eye.

    Pop up to your local pharmacy and the pharmacist should be able to provide eye drops to assist in reducing inflammation. Otherwise if you are concerned contact your doctor

    Source(s): Medical Intern
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.