Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 1 decade ago

What happens when you do a no call and no show at work?

I didn't go in or call in, something happened with my child last night. We get two no call and no shows, I didn't say anything last night. If it is seasonal work, will I get fired?

Favorite Answer

I as a manager would fire one of my workers if they didn't show and didn't call. But try calling now and let them know the situation. If the worker still took the time to let me know why I would probably reconsider firing them.

Well, why don't you call right now? Explain what happened and apologize for not being able to call sooner. If you are a good employee then they probably will be understanding. If you have done this before, they probably aren't going to be.

Usually yes, just depends on the boss or manager, if you have a ok record and are in good terms you might have a shot at keepin the job. Yet it was your kid(s) who was affected so that will play another role in hepling keep ur job. Over all its up to your boss or manager

You will probably get fired. There is no reason to not call unless you were kidnapped and tied up and left in a cave where there was no telephone.

It depends on how much they needed you.

How many people had to take up the slack because you didn't show?

A simple call would have alleviated this added stress. It would have been easy enough : "I have an unexpected emergency, and can't make it. My apologies."

Probably.

No call no shows are normally pretty bad for bosses. You will probably get hired or get your sh!t thrown at you.

Expect fired. So be ready.

it depends o how many days you've actually been out if you miss maybe a week or so without calling or showing up they might think you've just simply quit or something so maybe you should just call in and tell them that your child is very sick and needs you 2 be there with him or her

Depends on company policy if they understand they will give you a first written warning.

no show - no call - no job

you must not want it bad enough

you get a raise and a promotion.