Hun asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 1 decade ago

I always use white eggs but are brown any better? and What do you think about organic eggs?

Favorite Answer

My husband and I have a farm and we have chickens which lay both white and brown eggs. To me, the brown eggs have more flavor to them. I don't think we have organic eggs. I mean we feed our chickens the same feed so we don't feed some differently.

Brown eggs are labeled organic because the chickens are fed a special grain that doesn't contain pesticides. Pregnant women can't eat the brown eggs. But to me thay taste the same so I don't know what the hub-bub is all about.

• Swirly

The color of the shell has nothing to do with egg quality, nutritional value or flavor.

Organic Eggs

Eggs from hens fed rations having ingredients that were grown without pesticides, fungicides, herbicides or commercial fertilizers. No commercial laying hen rations ever contain hormones. Due to higher production costs and lower volume per farm, organic eggs are more expensive than eggs from hens fed conventional feed. The nutrient content of eggs is not affected by whether or not the ration is organic.

http://www.aeb.org/LearnMore/EggFacts.htm

Brown eggs should taste exactly the same as white eggs...their *only* chemical difference is that brown eggs contain a shell pigment called protoporphyrin.

As for organic eggs, they would presumably contain less hormones than their 'normal' farm counterparts...so some health conscious individuals would find value in that.

There used to be a commercial that said "brown eggs are local eggs, and local eggs are fresh"... That's not the case and I don't find any differences between them, As far as organic, pricey and what do they feed their chickens that is so much better for them than regular feed? Please!!!

i'm getting a foul abdomen soreness when I devour them fried. I did have hypersensitivity sorting out and that they mentioned i became allergic. I somewhat have in no way had a flu shot yet i % to. i can drink eggnog and it does not difficulty me in any respect. Its all a secret to me too.