Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetOther - Computers · 1 decade ago

how to open my registry editor?

I want to open my registry editor(regedit,I know) but then it said that my admin(it`s me but I forgot) has to locked it.How to unlock it?

Favorite Answer

You can try both regedit.exe and regedt32.exe from the commandline. Ensure you have administrative rights to the workstation you are logging onto before opening the registry editor.

• jessee

it style of feels that it quite is a scourge it relatively is obstructing you from having access to the registry. you may attempt right here alternatives: a million) Open job supervisor and notice if there is any technique working which you doubt to be a scourge then kill it utilising "end technique" and then attempt to get admission to the registry. in case you will get admission to registry now, seek for a key fee matchin the technique which you killed and delete the get admission to from registry. 2) If the job supervisor is likewise blocked from having access to then you relatively ought to install writing a small software your self and test all the processed and then kill the non-required one programmatically and then stick to the above step of modifying the registry. you additionally can touch me offline, if required

• Neil

Start button --> Run --> type "regedit"

And yes, you need to be admin. If you are not one right now, try remembering your admin passwd!