Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesPhilosophy · 1 decade ago

If you were given the chance to travel through time, what would you do?

go back to the past?... or try to see the future? note that you could only do this once.

Favorite Answer

I'd go back and watch this:

http://www.princeton.edu/pr/pwb/03/0217/

• The chance to travel through time has been given already, and we have done what we have done. But if what you mean is for the almighty to erase the history of time and allow you to start all over again, then that is a different ball game. But there seems to be a problem here. Assuming that you will have the knowledge of your past life, then you may take stock and correct any misdemeanor of the past. However, if you are allowed "on your own" and time is just being reversed, then you are definitely going to repeat all the mistakes, the good, the bad etc. things of the past unless something happens to alter the course of event. This is because things will appear as if a movie or audio is been replayed. But of course you know that this is, but a theoritical question, a situation that is far from reality.

Source(s): Ghantsa

I'd definally go back in time, I'd either go watch the first people to migrate from Eroupe to America (I'm talking way back about when the native indians came here) or maybe go back and watch the native Indians of Newfoundland drive the Vikings back where they came from. If not that, then I'd go to the year 3000 just to see if we were still around or not.

• Luckily, I have accepted the death of loved ones who have passed, so I would pick a point in the future. How far? I'm not sure. Maybe 2050.

Then again, I might be scarred by the experience - maybe I don't want to know!!!

I do not have to go back to visit Jesus because I believe I will see Him one day as things are.

I'd like to go in the past in the Elizabethan age.I like the way people lived then,how they dressed and I think that they had very interesting life stiles.Also I'll have the chance to see knights and medieval castles which I think would be an interesting experience.

Going back to see what my gramma took for dinner in 4000BC is useless. History will tell me what the society did then.

Going forward and seing the civilisation in the year 50000AD would make more sense to me. Of importance would be the technology, medication, space travel, allien life-i.e confirmed presense or absense and the Earthling life expectancy.

I would go back to the past. I would choose the day that my husband, myself, my mom and my mother in law went for my ultrasound to find out our child is a boy. That was a very special time and a very special thing to share with my two moms. My mom passed away three days before my son was born, so I'd like to share one more thing about my son with my mom.

I'd either find a way to meet my great-grand mother earlier than I did, so I'd have had more time with her, or help Meriweather Lewis so he wouldn't commit suicide, so I could meet him later in eternity, but then again maybe God symphised with him in the end, and I'll get to meet him anyway.

I'd go back to those beautiful times when my parents were alive and I would have, once more, a Christmas full of happiness and peace.

I'd like to meet Michaelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Medici in their time period. Those would be some interesting conversations!!

I don't think I'd want to do something.I'm happy in THIS SECOND,in THIS MINUTE,TODAY,and I don't want to go in the future or go back to the past because I'm happy right NOW