Is chocolate good for you?

In what ways?

Favorite Answer

Makes me feel better. I've often wondered at this recent tendency to assign good or evil to food. Food has no intent. It isn't sentient. It can't be virtuous or evil. It's FOOD!

Mama always said, life was like a box of chocolate, you never know what you're gonna get

***

But, yes, chocolate is good for you, especially the dark chocolate.

Check out about the Science of Chocolate:

http://www.chocolatefonduefountains.com/chocolate-...

Asker Knowmore

"Chocolate contains up to four times the anti-oxidants found in tea." Sound too good to be true? In fact, that was the conclusion of a recent study by Holland's National Institute of Public Health and Environment. Researchers found that chocolate - specifically dark chocolate - contains 53.5 mg of catechins per 100 grams. (Catechins are the powerful anti-oxidants that fight against cancer-causing cells and help prevent heart disease). By contrast, 100 ml of black tea contains a mere 13.9 mg of catechins.

Dark chocolate has anti_oxidants, all chocolates have a good HDL (High-Density-Lipoprotein) concentration, which is good cholesterol as a pose to LDL (Low- Density-Lipoprotein). This means it can contribute to maintain a healthy bloodstream, and it stimulates the release of "feel-good" hormones, which are much needed for periods(so i hear), that bad day at the office, and so in all is good for you. Something to watch out for is that its high in calories (mainly from sugar so is effectively "empty calories") and contains caffeine, but this amount is quite small relative to your daily allowance of caffeine!

Hope this helps! :D

chocolate gets the ‘thumbs up’ because it contains large quantities of antioxidants - chemicals that help to neutralise some of the harmful chemical reactions occurring as part of our metabolism and during exposure to pollutants.

I love chocolates and will always indulge!

I love chocolate, it keeps u warm during winter

I've heard that dark chocolate is....in what way I don't know.

Chocolate is good because it is:-

-cancer preventative

-able to decrease heart disease

-mood enhancer

-etc....

But eating too much chocolate could make you fat.

Dark chocolate - antitoxins....

And mood comfort

Mood enhancer

coco beans are good for you. the candy bar chocolate is not. dark chocolate has antioxidants in it.

~peace~