Started period on time, but was lighter and shorter then ever before?

Thursday night before bed I started spotting. When I would wipe it would be light, very little and pink. I thought this was the beginning of my period, put a pad on and went to bed. Then the next morning, pad was still clean, it never started. I was confused.. Then I started my period(late Saturday afternoon)on time (28days), which I was happy about because a few days before starting, my breast were tender and one day certain smells grossed me out that never bothered me before. Well, my period started off light which sometimes happens but continued to stay light. Plus I never started cramping which wearily happens. Then monday morning I woke around 8am and changed my tampon, put a new one in and an hour or two went to change again and the tampon was completely white. I put a pad on after that but still the bleeding had stopped. Not spotting when I wiped and almost 24 hours later still no bleeding. This is not normal for me, my periods last usually 7 days. What could this mean?

Favorite Answer

Go to see you female Dr. and get thing checked out, just to be on the safe side, could you be Pregnant?

this happened to me last month - i had some cramps a week earlier and my period came a few days late . at first it was really light thaen it went heavy and clotting for a day then nothing. I think your periods do vary from month to month. Maybe if u have a really heavy one one month then it could be light the next. I thought i may need a D & C but i feel great now so am not overly worried .

Well, I'm not really sure how old you are or how many years you have had your period to begin with. Everyone is different, and there are light months and heavy months for many people. Do you take the pill? There are also a variety of things that can effect a period. If you continue--or you think that you might be preganant, see an OBGYN.