how to induce labor naturally?

how to induce labor naturally?

Favorite Answer

To the answerer willgvaa... OBVIOUSLY you are a man and do not understand how it feels to be nine months pregnant. If this was real life, and I was 9 months pregnant, and you told me to "let nature take it's course," I would punch you right in the face.

To answer the question: I'm sorry, but there is no proven way to induce your labor. I tried everything...sex, walking, scrubbing the kitchen floor, pinapple. I ended up 41 weeks and was induced in the hospital.

Good luck. The end is near!!

well, keep in mind that nothing will help if baby isn't ready to budge...but there are many things you can do.

A lot of women and midwives suggest taking raspberry leaf, either in tea or tablet form to help in the cevix and labor areas.

Fresh pineapple for some reason

Walking and bumpy car rides

Sex, especially where you and your partner both orgasm: his semen contains prostaglandins which can help ripen the cervix and yours causes uterin contractions which could turn into labor.

Eating spicy foods can give you a jumpstart, so have a spicy tex-mex or a yummy curry!

Nipple stimulation can also help get things moving...add this in on top of your sex session and you just might get there!

Keep in mind that there are several ways out there which are not suggested by doctors, such as castor oil and goldenseal...I took both, btw, and only ended up with multiple toilet trips...but both can cause problems it seems...so remember that if you decide on taking something like this.

TRUST me SEX does work i was over 2 weeks overdue with my 3rd child and they wanted to induce me the week of decmber 5th 2005 i had sex that saturday from behind and i went into labor like 5 hours later no lie i swear to god i had my second daughter december 4th 2005 she was 7lbs15 oz 19 in long at 10:45am.

try taking long slow pace walks or walking up and down stairs at a slow pace on my due date i was only one cent. and thats what i did and i went into labor that night it might take along time but it almost always works pretty well because having sex was the answer i got to and at full term i wasnt always up for it

try massaging or squeezing your achille's tendon

we learned that in a lamaze class and apparently when giving a massage to a pregnant woman, a maseuse will avoid that spot exactly because it triggers contractions.

Source(s): lamaze class

you cannot induce labor naturally. may be you can try squatting position, or rubbing your nipples with warm towels. however, these methods have poor results, and labor generally start without you having anything to do with it.

Have sex or you could try the old fashioned way, drink castor oil then suck on an orange this is meant to work

castor oil - take 2 tbls. orally only if you are full term. It worked with my first baby but not my 2nd because I was a 2wks shy of 4o wks.I was going for my hubbys' b-day.THIS IS NOT ADVISED BY DOCTOR.

Sex or gentle exercise. The other tips are generally myths and don't really work.

• ?

seriously, I was always told having sexual intercourse during/after the 40th week does the trick.

Source(s): I am a mom of 2